World Series projections

The Ripper

Now I know some of you may know the right answers. But I thought it might be fun to see if anybody has some MLB World Series umpiring projections. I have been thinking about who I think will work the World Series this year but I was wondering if you guys had any other predictions on who may work the World Series this year? This might be stupid, but I thought it would be fun to see who everybody thought was going get this amazing assignment. I would love to see your projections!

My Projections:

Game 1: John Tumpane 74

Game 2: Chad Fairchild 4

Game 3: Jeff Nelson 45 (C.C.)

Game 4: Manny Gonzalez 79

Game 5: Adrian Johnson 80

Game 6: Cory Blaser 89

Game 7: Chris Guccione 68

Haven't checked all the above stats, but in recent years, anyone MLB would be looking to promote to crew chief in the very near future, that doesn't have a WS yet has been in the mix, since the optics/perception of promoting a WS candidate looks much better than one without.

and remember the 2 biggest qualities MLB looks for in a potential crew chief are 'leadership and handling situations', (ie-not the best ball strike/safe out statistics=objective analytics) which are more subjective. and lets see if any of the up and comers can catch from more recent times, Drew Coble being name CC starting in his 10th MLB year (without having a WS yet no less, back when things were on a more rotation basis for the playoff assignments), after reading some old retrosheet stats. heck Klem was probably, (what's that term, digital since birth for your resume), CC since birth.

12 hours ago, UmpWRB4 said:

Now I know some of you may know the right answers. But I thought it might be fun to see if anybody has some MLB World Series umpiring projections. I have been thinking about who I think will work the World Series this year but I was wondering if you guys had any other predictions on who may work the World Series this year? This might be stupid, but I thought it would be fun to see who everybody thought was going get this amazing assignment. I would love to see your projections!

My Projections:

Game 1: John Tumpane 74

Game 2: Chad Fairchild 4

Game 3: Jeff Nelson 45 (C.C.)

Game 4: Manny Gonzalez 79

Game 5: Adrian Johnson 80

Game 6: Cory Blaser 89

Game 7: Chris Guccione 68

A live look at me (one of the resident Tumpane fans) after reading this:

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...