Wreck league lover.

love to ump

Hello All,

This forum seems to feel ignored, so thought I would throw up some thoughts.

Besides LL, I do a small 4 team men's rec league in western Canada....and find it way more fun.

#1..Playing in a former Triple A Ballpark

#2.. Of course you get the usual whining on calls and zones...but for the most part, they are  just happy you are there.

#3.. Catcher's protect you much better than LL.

#4..LL for grown men....you get the WOW plays...and you get UGH plays....best players playing the key positions and trying to hide the worst guys in right field. Yeah, the score is important, but individual glory many times rules the day.....had a few games end where some guys thinks he can steal a base or stretch a single, when his team is down by 4!

Before becoming member on Ump-Empire I had posted in the spring, asking for ideas in helping to refine rules for the league....replies and ideas I got were great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, love to ump said:

but we do have BEAR PAW snacks by Dare...not available in USA

All the candy (especially chocolate) in the Great White North (cue Bob and Doug Mackenzie) is better than here in the states.

Also, Pre-2020 my wife and I would often go up to Nelson/Creston/Cranbrook and that's where I found my favorite cereal of all time:  Chocolate Lucky Charms.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, love to ump said:

I am in Edmonton, birthplace of that SCTV comic skit...

There’s an MSBL WS team that comes down to Phoenix from Wisconsin & Minnesota, with a few Canadians mixed in… they use the Milwaukee Brewers replica jerseys and hats as their base uniform, but modified… the name? 

The Midwest Strange Brewers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MadMax said:

There’s an MSBL WS team that comes down to Phoenix from Wisconsin & Minnesota, with a few Canadians mixed in… they use the Milwaukee Brewers replica jerseys and hats as their base uniform, but modified… the name? 

The Midwest Strange Brewers. 

Take off, eh.

• Like 1