Anybody repaint/refresh F3 traditional masks?

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 433 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I've seen a few people around who seem to specialize in some of the other masks, but was wondering if anyone does the F3 ones?

My F3 (picked up used, but in good condition) has worn poorly after a season of play.  I attribute this to using a metal indicator, which has done a number on the paint in a few places.  I've got the new version showing up this week, but would love to get my old one cleaned up enough to be a decent looking backup.

11 minutes ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

Check with Tony Letizio at Mask It Sports. Send him an email at: umptiz13@comcast.net and ask him about powder coating your F3. He'll tell you if he can do it and quote you a price. Here's their website: http://maskitsports.com/

~Dawg

Sent, thank you!

No need to check, MaskIt does re-coat Force3 Defenders. 

He treats the two conjoined frames as two separate frames – so, higher priced than a single frame, but less than two single frames. Make sense? 

I point this out because he can do what Tony does so well – two separate colors. Maybe the outer frame in black, and the inner spring frame in silver, or gunmetal. Maybe the outer frame in titan and the spring frame in black… with tan pads. 

Ooo… Gunmetal outer frame, sky blue spring frame, black pads, and we get you black hardware (screws & springs). Bad-freakin’-ass for blue-shirt days. 

• Like 3

I went to Temecula Valley powder coaters and paid $30 for each piece ($60. Total)  I hate paying for shipping, and if I don't have to...

If you use regular paint and primer it will look horrible with in weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

He treats the two conjoined frames as two separate frames – so, higher priced than a single frame, but less than two single frames. Make sense? 

I point this out because he can do what Tony does so well – two separate colors. Maybe the outer frame in black, and the inner spring frame in silver, or gunmetal. Maybe the outer frame in titan and the spring frame in black… with tan pads. 

Ooo… Gunmetal outer frame, sky blue spring frame, black pads, and we get you black hardware (screws & springs). Bad-freakin’-ass for blue-shirt days. 

What’s a blue shirt? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

@MadMax says this to draw attention from his desire to powder coat his magnesium mask navy blue.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1