It's been a while!

JaxRolo

Been a while since I logged in...

For 2022 I probably only Umpired maybe 8-10 games. Those that know me know that I usually work 300 or so games a year..

Had some knee issues early in the year and ended up with my right knee replaced in July. Still recovering and now having some back issues...

Hopefully I can get back on the field soon. I am actually the assignor for our High School association so I am at least staying involved..

I'm looking arounf the site here to see what has changed.

• Like 2

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your medical woes, but at least you are working through them. 

The site here seems to be slower than in years past, but I also think that across the board there are just fewer officials, so less people becoming engaged. I know our HS unit is low compared to some prior years, and the Water Polo group I officiate with is also seeing low numbers. 

Hope you bounce back soon and nice to see you posting again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaxRolo said:

Been a while since I logged in...

For 2022 I probably only Umpired maybe 8-10 games. Those that know me know that I usually work 300 or so games a year..

Had some knee issues early in the year and ended up with my right knee replaced in July. Still recovering and now having some back issues...

Hopefully I can get back on the field soon. I am actually the assignor for our High School association so I am at least staying involved..

I'm looking arounf the site here to see what has changed.

Holy smokes.  Good to see you back shipmate.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@JaxRolo

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRolandoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Long time, no see brother.  ANYWAY!!  As a TKR (Total knee replacement) 2nd time award winner, I could have told you about your back.   

Gentlemen, remember this for the future.  The older you get, things give out.  As things give out, they get sore.  The longer they are sore, the more pain it creates.  The longer (and based on tolerance levels) you tolerate the pain, the more you get used to the pain.  Eventually, things stop working. When things stop working and get replaced, there is nothing there to hurt anymore (swelling and PT aside).  The affected part is gone!   Now, after you recover, and years of tolerating that pain your body starts talking to you.  It says things like, Hey there, I told you for years I was hurting, and to get it fixed.  Now that you did, let me show you the REST OF THE PARTS that are in pain, that you didn't realize because your knee was worse!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 7:26 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

@JaxRolo

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRolandoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Long time, no see brother.  ANYWAY!!  As a TKR (Total knee replacement) 2nd time award winner, I could have told you about your back.   

Gentlemen, remember this for the future.  The older you get, things give out.  As things give out, they get sore.  The longer they are sore, the more pain it creates.  The longer (and based on tolerance levels) you tolerate the pain, the more you get used to the pain.  Eventually, things stop working. When things stop working and get replaced, there is nothing there to hurt anymore (swelling and PT aside).  The affected part is gone!   Now, after you recover, and years of tolerating that pain your body starts talking to you.  It says things like, Hey there, I told you for years I was hurting, and to get it fixed.  Now that you did, let me show you the REST OF THE PARTS that are in pain, that you didn't realize because your knee was worse!

Facts!