Any new or upgraded umpire gear coming out for 2023??

Recontra
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 569 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

All-Star said their new MVP5 hockey-style mask is coming out "later this fall" per their Instagram account.  Can't wait to see that - per AS it has "true suspension technology in the chin and forehead [to] isolate the head from blows to the cage and shell." 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

All-Star said their new MVP5 hockey-style mask is coming out "later this fall" per their Instagram account.  Can't wait to see that - per AS it has "true suspension technology in the chin and forehead [to] isolate the head from blows to the cage and shell." 

It's already on Gerry Davis' website:

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 08.32.42.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

The picture begs the unusual question ...

Which do you put on first: pants or shin guards?

Personally, shins first and then put my pants on.  Things just tend to "lie" better (no bunching) and no concern about tearing out a hem.

I work out of my trunk, so pants then shins.

• Like 3

On 9/4/2022 at 6:47 PM, SeeingEyeDog said:

So, can someone sell me on an All-Star MVP5 hockey-style mask. I have been wanting to pull the trigger on one...why should I consider/choose this model?

~Dawg

Well, it's not even on All-Star's site yet, but ...  You should always consider All-Star because they're the only equipment mfg that does THEIR OWN testing at their own facility, blasting 100mph baseballs at their equipment w/ an air-cannon :nod:    Plus, family run, great customer service!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 12:24 PM, Recontra said:

Anyone know if there is any word on new or upgraded umpire gear coming out for the 2023 season? 

I've got great gear now, but confess I like to buy & try new stuff when it's available.

Good question. The industry has been moving to this new phase of new things coming out randomly and not items coming out say in the fall, late in the year or early in the next - like they used to.

What you’re seeing as new for 2023 when it comes to protective gear of our current lines, some of it has already come out.

FORCE3: Revamped ankle plates on shin guards; grey defender mask; new defender helmet (which isn’t really new but they have good stock now so it feels new)

WILSON: Pro Gold line with 2 new CPs including memory foam plus pro gold shin guards with memory foam lining; we also added a memory foam padding steel mask.

There is also a trend of word getting out on things before they are officially to be announced. Now that it is out, I can confirm:

ALL-STAR: MVP5 helmet (eta is Dec or Jan); plus just added - 4” throat guard with updated All-Star logo.

Of other gear brands - Champro, Champion & Diamond - there is nothing new from the 2022-2023 catalogs or meetings we have had. They always could surprise us with something, but right now most factories are having difficulty meeting their current selection capacities.

There will be:

EVOSHIELD: A Skull cap in black & navy

There will be other products I am sure. Ray is working on a few things and will let him announce those. Smitty is always doing something. I do know the vertical stripe shirts will be available in a body flex material soon.

Here is all our new - in order of most recent over the past year. I would say the first 20-22 have been recently added.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Featured/New/?page=1&perpage=36&cat=177&orderby=newest desc&brand=&search=

Anyone not on our newsletter, get on it as we are adding on a average a product (or more) a week.

https://www.ump-attire.com/newsletter-signup.html

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 2:04 PM, wolfe_man said:

You mean these? They’re not in stock evidently.

0227BDED-B157-4836-A040-8B84893D9076.jpeg

DAAE38C3-C940-47DE-9495-AC8193ED00E9.jpeg

3C2726A9-CAA0-4F0C-9986-F1A129D49ACD.jpeg

CD1236C8-C9E7-4D48-9D58-046881F4F969.jpeg

Before I retired in the spring I used the F3 shin pads, they were the best around that worked.

The only thing I did not like was the ankle protection, nothing more than a round disk with material and it hurt when you got hit.

I made these comments on a few sites including contacting F3, The Best Shins Never Made including a mock up. I was told there was no need for an ankle protective win like the Wilson.

Well I am glad they listened because they now have the best shin pad ever made.

best shin pads never made.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is what I have been working on

The XL Lineup Folder which has launched and is selling very quickly

New and improved Weather-Tech Ball Bags also selling very well and being used at the MiLB & MLB Levels

New Dark Navy Weather-Tech Ball Bags which will be available end of Oct

New Shoe Bags Sets available end of Oct, very excited about this project

Two other projects are in the works but I am not going to say what they are just yet.

That is it for now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Razzer said:

Here is what I have been working on

The XL Lineup Folder which has launched and is selling very quickly

New and improved Weather-Tech Ball Bags also selling very well and being used at the MiLB & MLB Levels

New Dark Navy Weather-Tech Ball Bags which will be available end of Oct

New Shoe Bags Sets available end of Oct, very excited about this project

Two other projects are in the works but I am not going to say what they are just yet.

That is it for now

giphy.gif