Even MLB players don't know the rules

Velho
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 594 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

19 hours ago, Jimurray said:

I'm pretty sure Hamari saw the tag of R2 with his foot not touching 2B but then calling an already out R1 safe does not make me completely sure.

I suspect the ump at 2nd was just confused here,and called it forgetting R1 was already out, and the 'confirmed' was replay noticing the foot pulling off of 2nd.  Nothing else makes sense to me with his mechanic.

On 8/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, Jimurray said:

I'm pretty sure Hamari saw the tag of R2 with his foot not touching 2B but then calling an already out R1 safe does not make me completely sure.

11 hours ago, ErichKeane said:

I suspect the ump at 2nd was just confused here,and called it forgetting R1 was already out, and the 'confirmed' was replay noticing the foot pulling off of 2nd.  Nothing else makes sense to me with his mechanic.

Agreed with both of you. That safe signal was confusing. I also think the fact that R2 stood 2 inches from the bag and let himself be tagged added to the confusion.

I'll admit I was knee jerky when I posted this. I thought they tagged for the 3rd out and let the run score. It was an interesting play where the players didn't know the rules though after all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4Z9vUZBbU