Teachable - It's All Vanover for Anaheim on Back-Tag

The Oakland Athletics executed a rare bases-loaded double play against the Angels, with right fielder Chad Pinder throwing to Elvis Andrus to double up Tyler Wade on Shohei Ohtani's fly out, 2B Umpire Larry Vanover's call standing after Replay Review. This Teachable concerns the umpiring...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

12 hours ago, TheLovejoy said:

Bases loaded? Why didn't he just step on 2nd?....

The catch in RF negated the force, and the runner didn't leave early, see the 'admittedly fuzzy' view at ~1:05, where the catch is made but the runner is on 2nd tagging up.

• Like 1

The catch in RF negated the force, and the runner didn't leave early, see the 'admittedly fuzzy' view at ~1:05, where the catch is made but the runner is on 2nd tagging up.

Got ya! Did not catch that:) And I know it’s not a force, I meant the tag up appeal;)

4 minutes ago, TheLovejoy said:

Got ya! Did not catch that:) And I know it’s not a force, I meant the tag up appeal;)

FWIW, I only looked for it because I saw your message, and it only appeared in that 1 fuzzy view in the video (I DID look for a better/another view, and it didnt happen!).  So its easy to miss.

• Like 1