Anger-sale: Black/Grey pocketless Umplife weathertek ball bags

ErichKeane
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 645 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This color combo isn't available anymore, but its the black bag with a grey 'middle' section.  I thought they looked particularly attractive and was only able to find them from facebook seller that (unknown to me, thanks to Facebook's foolish hiding of comments) took the pocket versions of 2 sets, and sold me the pocketless versions.

I've used 1 of them for 3 games now, and it is pretty great!  I love the feel, the shape, and the stretchy/capacity of it.  These are great ball bags!  Neither has a pocket, but if you're the sort that doesn't mind that, this is for you.  Why am I selling them?  I asked 2 pretty innocuous questions on the umplife facebook page for umplife products (in both cases, the question was, "what am I doing/did I do wrong"), and Ray was a jerk about it and accused me of trying to ruin his business over it, and was generally an absolute jerk about the whole thing.  I've decided I don't want his crap in my gear bag anymore.  SO, my shinguard harnesses are going in the trash (I wore them wrong and damaged them), my 'notify me' for the other harnesses are going in the email-trash (Sorry @JimKirk!), and these ball bags are getting sold to the first person who wants them.

THE price?  YOU pay shipping.  Thats it.  Pretty sure I can get the pair of them into a flat-rate envelope for $9.  If I'm wrong, I'll eat the difference. First one to respond to this thread with 'I'll take it' gets to be my hero in this case, and take home the bags.

9 hours ago, ErichKeane said:

This color combo isn't available anymore, but its the black bag with a grey 'middle' section.  I thought they looked particularly attractive and was only able to find them from facebook seller that (unknown to me, thanks to Facebook's foolish hiding of comments) took the pocket versions of 2 sets, and sold me the pocketless versions.

I've used 1 of them for 3 games now, and it is pretty great!  I love the feel, the shape, and the stretchy/capacity of it.  These are great ball bags!  Neither has a pocket, but if you're the sort that doesn't mind that, this is for you.  Why am I selling them?  I asked 2 pretty innocuous questions on the umplife facebook page for umplife products (in both cases, the question was, "what am I doing/did I do wrong"), and Ray was a jerk about it and accused me of trying to ruin his business over it, and was generally an absolute jerk about the whole thing.  I've decided I don't want his crap in my gear bag anymore.  SO, my shinguard harnesses are going in the trash (I wore them wrong and damaged them), my 'notify me' for the other harnesses are going in the email-trash (Sorry @JimKirk!), and these ball bags are getting sold to the first person who wants them.

THE price?  YOU pay shipping.  Thats it.  Pretty sure I can get the pair of them into a flat-rate envelope for $9.  If I'm wrong, I'll eat the difference. First one to respond to this thread with 'I'll take it' gets to be my hero in this case, and take home the bags.

Having seen that conversation, I'd suggest you revisit your assessment of the situation.

Also, nothing says he was incorrect more than doing exactly what you say he said about you. /s

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Having seen that conversation, I'd suggest you revisit your assessment of the situation.

Also, nothing says he was incorrect more than doing exactly what you say he said about you. /s

I'd re-read it, but he deleted it. I literally asked if wearing it not-reusing the top strap was what caused the problem, and it was confirmed by others that it was something ELSE I was doing wrong was what caused the problem (IN my defense, the picture sent with it has NO contrast for the straps vs body...).  I thanked them and that was it? 

Same with the ball-bags, I got something that looked like factory packaging, and wasn't what I was expecting.  it was admittedly purchased from a 3rd party (which I THOUGHT was previous distributor, but again, I was mistaken), but it was STILL an ump-life product. I asked to see if perhaps the 'older' version with this color scheme (which is the ONLY reason I didn't order from Ump-attire) wasn't available with the pockets/etc, as I don't know the history of his products.  Turns out facebook 'most relevant' filter had hidden the important thing, and someone mentioned it.  I was able to see it on my laptop (I couldn't get it to expand on my phone!), so I thanked folks and went on.

Its not like I was bashing him or his products at all, AND I went to a page full of his fanboys.  I would assume the 'default' belief there of folks who have had good luck/good experiences would be "what is this person doing wrong?", which is the question I went to have answered.  I even posted an update top-level-comment on BOTH threads thanking the folks for helping, and showing what my mistake was.

In exchange, I got accused of trying to ruin his business or something? 

Either way, I've liked both of the products I received, and of course the service I get from Ump-Attire, but the fact that the ONE place I can get advice on his products wihtout broadcasting to his non-fans, besides bothering him directly gets a response like that from him (the rest of the posters were great, I was very appreciative of both!) has left me with an awful feeling, I'd rather never have another ump-life product in my bag. 

I've already sold the bags (see here!), will be replacing the shin guard harness as soon as the replacement I ordered comes in, and am deleting all of his stuff from my UA cart/wishlist.  I'm just glad I got outbid on the lineup-card/organizer package on Umps-Care at the last moment; I'd hate to have almost $300 into this stuff rather than $60.

• Thunderheads changed the title to Anger-sale: Black/Grey pocketless Umplife weathertek ball bags
9 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Wish I had seen this 1st

Sorry Erich you are having a bad time due to FB.  I have learned that place you need your gear on for protection to venture into it as there are spiked and fouled pitches coming at you all the time there.

Oh believe me, I learned that on facebook and tend to stay away from there!  I just figured Ray's page would be a great place to get help with his products from others who use them every day.  Its not like I went there badmouthing him/his products in any way, so I don't get the response!  I simply noticed while putting my gear on before a game the problem, wondered if it was because I put it on the way @MadMaxsuggested here (

to see if others had the same issue.  I got a ton of helpful responses to it, so the community was nice.  But Ray was not.  It really IS a shame for me, I like the products/designs I've seen so far.

5 hours ago, ErichKeane said:

I simply noticed while putting my gear on before a game the problem, wondered if it was because I put it on the way @MadMaxsuggested here

And what is “the problem”? 

On my post, I did express that there was the recommended way; I tried it and didn’t like it. So, as I’m apt to do, I fiddled around and changed it, and what you see in the photos is what I came up with. It works for me, both feel and function. 

Sure, I’ve got several bits of feedback for Ray regarding them. We talk often enough, and we’re constantly bouncing ideas off each other. But does he adopt every request or bit of design insight I give him? Not at all! The guy’s got his own company to run, and he’s got way more experience than I do, or could ever hope to have. 

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

And what is “the problem”? 

On my post, I did express that there was the recommended way; I tried it and didn’t like it. So, as I’m apt to do, I fiddled around and changed it, and what you see in the photos is what I came up with. It works for me, both feel and function. 

Sure, I’ve got several bits of feedback for Ray regarding them. We talk often enough, and we’re constantly bouncing ideas off each other. But does he adopt every request or bit of design insight I give him? Not at all! The guy’s got his own company to run, and he’s got way more experience than I do, or could ever hope to have. 

The problem is the neoprene is tearing near where the straps attach at the top. I asked if others had the problem, and if it could be related to using the straps your way for the F3. A few really helpful folks identified I had the straps wrong in a different way(not crossed, folded back), so I thanked them for their help.

Ray then accused me of trying to harm his business, and even when I apologized he derided me for having the audacity to ask for umplife product support 2x on umplife Facebook.

Just rubs me the wrong way and I have zero interest in owning umplife products. I'll not buy another, got rid of my bags, and will come up with a replacement for my leg harnesses.

• Thanks 1

FYI, I definitely understood from your post that you were suggesting not the approved way, but I found it way more comfortable, which is why I went with it. I figured if the tearing was the consequence of that, I would find some way to deal with it(some reinforcement or other mod, or just treating them as consumables needing replacement every few months).

• LMSANS locked this topic
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 645 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.