District Tournament Photos

From the local paper where the district took place.   Proud to say, game 1 for me Saturday was my plate and although I had no idea during, but afterwards I found out I called a perfect game!  Photo 2 is during the championship game where the one coach asked if a ball had hit the batter (it didn't) but my partner called me over to make sure.  Photo 3 is an out call I had on the red team (the team that won the district) in the 6th when they scored all their runs to lock it up.  The teams fans didn't like it, but this photo shows I got the whacker (funny how a still shot shows how NOT close it was ;) )

image.png

image.pngimage.png

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

I had no idea during, but afterwards I found out I called a perfect game!

2nd person I know this year that happened too. I was the one who told him when I got the "huh?!?" look when I said congrats.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Damn your finger position  I tuck min in behind the top of the SG  I would hate to take a ball to a finger there between the SG and the ball OUCH..

Nice photos!

Please go look at the photo again and take notice .... that's NOT my 'ready position'

Ahhhh… Michigan baseball. Trapped in the 1990s. 

I know it’s you, Jeff ( @Thunderheads ) on plate in the HOK photo because you’re wearing 450’s. 

Still. 

And Jeff! I know it’s you on bases in the other photo, but I’m concerned… 

… I think your plate partner is wearing his CP like a leaden X-Ray apron. 🫣

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Please go look at the photo again and take notice .... that's NOT my 'ready position'

Ok So you shift further down and then tuck them?  Ok.. When I drop I lock my fingers and am in ready. /Shrug  

My bad I thought that was down and ready.

Just now, ArchAngel72 said:

Ok So you shift further down and then tuck them?  Ok.. When I drop I lock my fingers and am in ready. /Shrug  

Actually .... my slot hand goes behind/side of my knee, my 'catcher' hand sits where it is.  You can tell what's going on by what the catcher is doing ;) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I know it’s you, Jeff ( @Thunderheads ) on plate in the HOK photo because you’re wearing 450’s. 

Still. 

Michigan, along with many other states.

You know it's me because ... I POSTED IT and told everyone it's me.  And, so effing what? Yes, I STILL WEAR 450s. They're comfortable, I'm used to them, they still look fine, and they're STEEL TOED!

Why did I have a feeling you'd nit-pick something 🙄

17 minutes ago, MadMax said:

… I think your plate partner is wearing his CP like a leaden X-Ray apron.

Brand new Cobalt, not quite broken in yet ;) 

19 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Catcher is still looking at the dugout to get his signs to give to his pitcher.  Why would you think he's in his lock and loaded position already?

3 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Catcher is still looking at the dugout to get his signs to give to his pitcher.  Why would you think he's in his lock and loaded position already?

Cause he is already down.

Personally I don't handle this high a level of ball.  I drop and lock in when the pitcher starts his/her windup.  If I dropped too early I could be there for 30 seconds sometimes.  

Even with the Babe Ruth level I drop as the windup is started /shrug  But yeah I saw the catcher turned getting the sign  I just wondered is all as it "looked" dangerous.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Cause he is already down...

Even with the Babe Ruth level I drop as the windup is started /shrug  But yeah I saw the catcher turned getting the sign  I just wondered is all as it "looked" dangerous.

You're good brother.  Some of us do this "pause" between ready and relaxed as the game progresses.  It's kind of a break of sorts.:)

34 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Why did I have a feeling you'd nit-pick something 🙄

Jeff, you know Max is just pulling your leg here!  He liked the 450's too and he knows that you prefer them, as most of us know that you like them.  He likes to rip on navy because he's ornery and he hates the status quo.  And he's seen too many "navy only" guys evidently, so it's in his wheelhouse. 😈

LOL, and I knew he'd get the PU in the second pic for the shop apron CP as soon as I saw it.  It's dangerous to the PU to wear it that way.  Max expects all of us to take the few extra minutes of time to break in and wear our gear correctly so we can avoid unnecessary injury. I mean, why spend $180 on a CP if you aren't going to wear it right and prevent injury? :fuel:

50 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Still. 

… I think your plate partner is wearing his CP like a leaden X-Ray apron. 🫣

Max, you gotta star using that sarcasm/joking emoji more buddy!  People are taking you seriously now! :wave:

Look at me, engaging everyone and trying to play peacemaker!  Remember, don't shoot the messenger! 🕊️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

LOL, and I knew he'd get the PU in the second pic for the shop apron CP as soon as I saw it.  It's dangerous to the PU to wear it that way.  Max expects all of us to take the few extra minutes of time to break in and wear our gear correctly so we can avoid unnecessary injury. I mean, why spend $180 on a CP if you aren't going to wear it right and prevent injury?

Keith, ... actually, he DID INDEED have it high and tight on his neck/collarbone area.  He kept the extension on, but hasn't dialed in the 'lower half' yet ;) 

21 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Keith, ... actually, he DID INDEED have it high and tight on his neck/collarbone area.  He kept the extension on, but hasn't dialed in the 'lower half' yet ;) 

Honestly, I wondered as much.  It looked good on the shoulders.

Part of why I don't like the Cobalt is that lower attachment - and the shoulders sat funny on me no matter if I had them in or out.  So, I keep wearing my F3 V3, but the plates are starting to poke through the neoprene, so working on modifying an Adams HD/XV D3O foam jacket with my old Gold plates for a thinner, hard-shell CP.  I just need to find my rivet gun, because I don't think I have enough Chicago screws to finish the job.  I have them Velcro-ed in place for now, but want something more permanent.

• Like 3