Bangs and Dings

Ump242
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 692 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

So quick question for you guys, what is the fastest way of getting this thing to heal?

A coach mentioned icy Hot, another coach mentioned some kind of freeze spray...

I ask because I don't want my wife to freak out when she sees it, the last time that she saw a welt on me it was in my inner thigh and she wanted me to quit. So I ended up buying the Force 3 inner thigh pads.

I had taken a foul ball off an 80 something mile an hour pitch which hit the ground got under the catcher and got my inner thigh and gave me a welt that was about 8 9 in Long and three to four inches wide. The stitches of the ball left an 'S' curve imprint on my leg.

She didn't see it until about two and a half weeks later when it was considerably smaller

20220420_191427.jpg

Edited by Ump242
Uploaded photo

4 minutes ago, boyinr said:

Sweat dries, blood clots, pain is temporary and the scars tell the story.  

Lol, yeah I know brother but I'm trying to avoid my wife losing her mind here so far I've just been wearing long sleeve shirts around her, and short sleeve shirts that are long enough they cover it up

1 minute ago, BLarson said:

Maybe tell her...you should see the other guy

When my daughter was 3, she split her forehead on a coffee table and needed stitches.  I told her if they asked her a day care, she should say "You should see the other guy."

A month or two later, I was icing down one of these, told her I was hurt.  She looked at me and said, "Go see the other guy!"

So close, kid, so close.

• Haha 3

Hmm...that isn't even that bad...but I guess only umpires would know that.  To the "common man", it may look bad.

And I would be lying if I denied that the thing about your post that stood out to me most was that it took your wife almost a month to see your inner thigh bruise.  Cheers to the married life my friend!  🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ump242 said:

what is the fastest way of getting this thing to heal?

How insensitive of us all. We never answered your question. I think there is a lead in this thread 

Voltaren

You'll thank me after you switch to that for pain relief.

Also, she needs to toughen up if she wants you to quit over a couple bruises. Take her for a nice dinner with umpire money and change her mind.

10 hours ago, Ump242 said:

I ask because I don't want my wife to freak out when she sees it, the last time that she saw a welt on me it was in my inner thigh and she wanted me to quit.

35 minutes ago, udbrky said:

Also, she needs to toughen up if she wants you to quit over a couple bruises.

My last three girlfriends / SO's? Doctor (she'd done a stint in the ER), former-Marine & Construction Project Manager, and Medical Imager. 

Yeah, I was getting nooooo sympathy or concern from those wonderful women when I came home with bruises so bad that it looked like I'd been in an avalanche of steel pipes. 🤕

The latest one, every time I presented a new bruise, would remind me, "You chose to do this [umpiring]."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, udbrky said:

Voltaren

You'll thank me after you switch to that for pain relief.

It's not the pain, it's the bruising. I can take a hot, but not 3 to 5 hours of lecturing and demanding that I promise to quit umpiring

It's not the pain, it's the bruising. I can take a hot, but not 3 to 5 hours of lecturing and demanding that I promise to quit umpiring
Start studying hard to be a lion tamer or snake charmer. At least mention it a few times and leave reading material out for her to pick up on. Maybe she will see things differently.... YMMV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ump242 said:

I hope you're kidding. If so, ignore my post.

Why is she so concerned over your injuries? I'm being sincere.

If my wife lectured me for 3-5 hours about anything, I'd be concerned about something underlying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richvee said:

Wait til you get older and you’re on blood thinners The colors get even better. 
8432ADD3-765B-4D1E-BB70-DA01C368F4D6.thumb.jpeg.d7375fd301df0b4c813a59487cf92252.jpeg

I think I've seen this in some horror movies. Pretty sure you don't want to find the person with the bruise that fits yours.

• Haha 1