best umpire bag for bucket

aaluck

Hey guys- I wear a bucket and pack a bunch of extra clothes in my bag especially if I am working travel ball. Currently I have a champro and I don’t have any issue with space but it seems to squish down my bucket. In the top compartment I have wood as the floor for a hard surface. Maybe removing the wood would solve my issue? What bag on the market is the most bucket-friendly without losing much, if any, space for clothes and accessories?

Thanks. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use and promote the Fūl Workhorse, which tends to be a bit taller than the other “umpire” compartmentalized wheeled bags. However, I put all my hardgoods in the upper compartment, with my Schutt MaXV turned chest-down in the compartment, then the Force3 shins lengthwise down either side, and my masks (plural) in the formed cavity between them and atop the CP. I still have room to jam in my cap carrier.

Shoes are in the end compartments, and then allllll my softgoods are in the bottom. 

47 lbs will fly!

1 hour ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Max  How long have you had that bag?

I had my Wilson Ump bag for like a year maybe and the dang plastic tags broke off the zippers. ( quite frankly I wonder if it is a knock off)

But its also 36 inches vs 30.  The height of that FUL bag does look nice too.

Years and years. And yes all the zipper 'handles' are now zip ties and have been for a while.  Other than that its still working great and been to WELL over 500 games.

2 hours ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Max  How long have you had that bag?

I bought it at the top of 2018 when I was invited to go along to the final session of OUTS in Florida. From then to now, it has dutifully carried my umpire gear on over 40 flights, 2 rail trips, and some 36,000 miles of tour by car, jammed in the back of a sedan. And that’s not counting my day to day use of it for umpiring here in the Phoenix metroplex. The handle still extends, the hard tub bottom is still intact and the wheels still roll clean and true.

It’s only recently starting to show its wear & tear. The small front accessory pocket (where I keep my lineup card folder, plate brush, pens, patches, and chapstick) had its zipper tab break off, and it looks like the airline baggage handlers knocked off the zipper tab on one of the two primary zippers on the main body segment, but aside from that, it’s held up beautifully. 

The umpire world doesn’t revolve around the big yellow W.