Irresistible sale

Richvee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 833 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

17 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I was damn close to taking that swing as well. If I was sure I was going to work next season, I would have.

Funny you say that. ( well not funny, but…). I’m not sure I’ll be behind the plate come early spring. This past weekend I had heart catheterization to fix two arteries (2 stents) after suffering a mild heart attack in November. Feeling good now but the decision will be with the Drs as to when I can get back behind the dish. I’m not overweight where I  need to drop sizes to get back in shape, so I had no issues buying now.  Figured I will get back there eventually and the prices aren’t going to get any cheaper.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Funny you say that. ( well not funny, but…). I’m not sure I’ll be behind the plate come early spring. This past weekend I had heart catheterization to fix two arteries (2 stents) after suffering a mild heart attack in November. Feeling good now but the decision will be with the Drs as to when I can get back behind the dish. I’m not overweight where I  need to drop sizes to get back in shape, so I had no issues buying now.  Figured I will get back there eventually and the prices aren’t going to get any cheaper.

Oh man! Glad you are feeling better!

Mine is just a time thing. I work upwards around 60 hrs a week. Plus family demands and honey-do lists just don't leave much time for working games. Plus (and this us merely me being selfish) I am not getting the level of games I am accustomed/enjoy doing. So I have found myself "half-assing" it recently. And that isn't fair to anyone!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Oh man! Glad you are feeling better!

Mine is just a time thing. I work upwards around 60 hrs a week. Plus family demands and honey-do lists just don't leave much time for working games. Plus (and this us merely me being selfish) I am not getting the level of games I am accustomed/enjoy doing. So I have found myself "half-assing" it recently. And that isn't fair to anyone!

I understand that. I’ve cut down this year. Quality over quantity. For ‘22, even more so. No more all day tournaments. Even if it is 18u wood by Perfect Game. 1 or 2 and home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richvee said:

Get back to me when you have a 6 way bypass.

15 hours ago, Richvee said:

Back in '04 I had a quadruple bypass. I was using a soft CP. The next year I was working an adult game when I was hit by a foul ball right in the middle of my chest. It didn't hurt, but scared the crap out of me. The next day, I went online and bought my first hard shell CP.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, LMSANS said:

Back in '04 I had a quadruple bypass. I was using a soft CP. The next year I was working an adult game when I was hit by a foul ball right in the middle of my chest. It didn't hurt, but scared the crap out of me. The next day, I went online and bought my first hard shell CP.

My similar (a 2 out of 10 vs your 10/10) was a ball up to the throat. Caught me just right and compressed the guard to my throat. More scared at what it could have been vs hurt as I realized my 4 inch was improperly mounted. Shifted to a 6 inch properly fitted right after. I'm a hawk about the catcher (I do LL so the rules 100% back me up) and encourage every PU to wear one. No idea why some don't.

15 hours ago, Velho said:

My similar (a 2 out of 10 vs your 10/10) was a ball up to the throat. Caught me just right and compressed the guard to my throat. More scared at what it could have been vs hurt as I realized my 4 inch was improperly mounted. Shifted to a 6 inch properly fitted right after. I'm a hawk about the catcher (I do LL so the rules 100% back me up) and encourage every PU to wear one. No idea why some don't.

I had weekly stitch marks on my neck from my catching days in the 70's, pre-Yeager.. As an umpire, it happens less often and I do use a TG.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 3:23 PM, Richvee said:

I’ve been thinking about one for a while. Then today’s email had this. I couldn’t resist. Merry Christmas to me 😁

B6484864-5B21-4DB6-B5FE-5AFB28910801.thumb.jpeg.c8ae2ff18ad44d9bcc717a28dfc4f7dd.jpeg

That logo at the top of the ad says a very emphatic “No” to me. They’ll have to do a lot of very public apologizing to someone so as to get my business ever again. 

Enjoy your plate coat. You’ll love it. If I had the time & resources, I’d offer to craft you one of my WakeWear plate coats.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MadMax said:

That logo at the top of the ad says a very emphatic “No” to me. They’ll have to do a lot of very public apologizing to someone so as to get my business ever again. 

Enjoy your plate coat. You’ll love it. If I had the time & resources, I’d offer to craft you one of my WakeWear plate coats.

I understand. I’ve avoided them myself a long time. It played into my decision. If their main plate coat competitor ever had similar sale, things would be different. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Richvee said:

I understand. I’ve avoided them myself a long time. It played into my decision. If their main plate coat competitor ever had similar sale, things would be different. 

They've been a great company to work with in my dealings with them.

• Like 2