All Star Cobalt CP Question

GreyhoundAggie

I'm thinking heavily about moving towards the Cobalt CP for next season.

My question is how does it fit huskier umpires? I'm 5'9 260ish currently with broad shoulders and I am curious if anyone has experience in how it fits.

Being a bigger guy I'd appreciate the lower profile and bulk versus my WV Platinum ive been using for years.

Thanks for anyone's thoughts and opinions.

I was 5-10 about 240 when I tried it and hated how the shoulders sat on me in either position.  I decided to stick with my Gold and F3 V3 for now.  I have heard other guys who are bigger that love them, so it's a personal preference thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundAggie said:

Good to know BT. We are similar sizes so thats good to have as a reference.

Now fair warning... every time I moved a piece of padding, I got hit in a spot that would have been protected by said padding. LOL also... that is probably just my bad luck!

1st game I moved in the shoulder caps. Got hit just beyond the new location. Next game... removed the extention (which you won't need either) and took one to the gut. The game after that... I had moved the pec pads (which have interior plating by the way) to the bottom of the CP almost like the System7 has... took one that found that open space!

Didn't move anything else and didn't get hit again. So your mileage may vary. Lol

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 12:21 PM, BT_Blue said:

… that is probably just my bad luck!

Naw, that’s proper engineer’s-grade testing there! Now you know what not to do! 

On 12/1/2021 at 9:39 AM, GreyhoundAggie said:

I'm 5'9 260ish currently with broad shoulders…

🤔… soooo… where’s the “Greyhound” come from? 

If the Cobalt doesn’t quite work for ya, we may be able to modify your Platinum to fit you better. Were you aware that the Platinum can be, by “killing” the rivets fastening the one-piece shoulder arch plates to the center breast plate, and then drilling new holes and fastening with Chicago screws, made wider (or narrower, even)? 

Neat trick, huh?

Then, if we really look at using more advanced, thinner foam than the couch cushion crap Wilson uses (especially on the shoulder pauldrons!), we can easily make that thing more conforming to you. 

15 hours ago, MadMax said:

Naw, that’s proper engineer’s-grade testing there! Now you know what not to do! 

🤔… soooo… where’s the “Greyhound” come from? 

If the Cobalt doesn’t quite work for ya, we may be able to modify your Platinum to fit you better. Were you aware that the Platinum can be, by “killing” the rivets fastening the one-piece shoulder arch plates to the center breast plate, and then drilling new holes and fastening with Chicago screws, made wider (or narrower, even)? 

Neat trick, huh?

Then, if we really look at using more advanced, thinner foam than the couch cushion crap Wilson uses (especially on the shoulder pauldrons!), we can easily make that thing more conforming to you. 

Max,

My family used to foster Greyhounds growing up and I've used that as a handle/gamer tag for years now.

And I'm a lot quicker than i look for being a bigger guy. Always surprises people.

I appreciate the offer on modifying the Platinum if needed. It's always been solid but Im hoping the Cobalt can be the new go to. Being lower profile and cooler officiating here in Texas.

I assume you are a fan of the Cobalt Max?

• Like 1