Moving On Up

BRUMP
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 823 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This past week I found out I was accepted to a collegiate umpiring group and will start to umpire college baseball this coming spring. The long standing members here will remember but I think I first joined UE when I was 15 doing in-house LL games. Excited for the challenge ahead, and looking forward to continuing to improve and climb the ladder.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

Nice!

Is that local collegiate group the one that assigns JUCO and D1? If so, we may find ourselves on  the same field at the same time.

That would be the one. Itd be great if we find ourselves on the same field!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRUMP said:

This past week I found out I was accepted to a collegiate umpiring group and will start to umpire college baseball this coming spring. The long standing members here will remember but I think I first joined UE when I was 15 doing in-house LL games. Excited for the challenge ahead, and looking forward to continuing to improve and climb the ladder.

Welcome aboard brother.  Don't suck.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRUMP said:

Congrats. Saw the post on the TSEUA Page. We’re one step close to someday doing a game together ! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Congrats!   How far do you have to travel??  I mean, they don't really have colleges in NJ, do they?

Trying to figure out if that is a cheap shot or not? I do think Rutgers is there... right? Not that they actually play any sports there.

18 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Trying to figure out if that is a cheap shot or not? I do think Rutgers is there... right? Not that they actually play any sports there.

come on BT-Blue--Big 10 D1 (conference ranked, RPI  11, out of 31 d1 conferences), so i know they will not see you, for one of your personal d1 conference games (there's the cheapshot, if you do not work d1 out there) even when they go west, or so it says from googling. hey maybe postseason by 2050 if you are still working.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MadMax said:

Q: How many NFL teams does New York host? 
A: One.

... The Buffalo Bills. :D

If the other two NY teams did in fact play in NY, it would have been a stretch to call it "professional" football after this past season.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 12:31 PM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Congrats!   How far do you have to travel??  I mean, they don't really have colleges in NJ, do they?

I’m hoping this was to be humorous?  Because there’s actually a whole lot a JUCO ball in our state and surrounding areas of Pa, De, and NY. There’s a ton of campuses I can be at in under two hours.  Throw in DIII and the lists increases. 

On 1/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, BT_Blue said:

Now THAT was a cheap shot. 😉 

• Like 1