Jump to content

Moving On Up


BRUMP

Recommended Posts

This past week I found out I was accepted to a collegiate umpiring group and will start to umpire college baseball this coming spring. The long standing members here will remember but I think I first joined UE when I was 15 doing in-house LL games. Excited for the challenge ahead, and looking forward to continuing to improve and climb the ladder.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

Nice!

Is that local collegiate group the one that assigns JUCO and D1? If so, we may find ourselves on  the same field at the same time.

That would be the one. Itd be great if we find ourselves on the same field!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BRUMP said:

This past week I found out I was accepted to a collegiate umpiring group and will start to umpire college baseball this coming spring. The long standing members here will remember but I think I first joined UE when I was 15 doing in-house LL games. Excited for the challenge ahead, and looking forward to continuing to improve and climb the ladder.

Welcome aboard brother.  Don't suck.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BRUMP said:

This past week I found out I was accepted to a collegiate umpiring group and will start to umpire college baseball this coming spring. The long standing members here will remember but I think I first joined UE when I was 15 doing in-house LL games. Excited for the challenge ahead, and looking forward to continuing to improve and climb the ladder.

Congrats. Saw the post on the TSEUA Page. We’re one step close to someday doing a game together ! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Congrats!   How far do you have to travel??  I mean, they don't really have colleges in NJ, do they?

Trying to figure out if that is a cheap shot or not? I do think Rutgers is there... right? Not that they actually play any sports there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Don't the pro teams even play in new york?

Q: How many NFL teams does New York host? 
A: One.

 

... The Buffalo Bills. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Trying to figure out if that is a cheap shot or not? I do think Rutgers is there... right? Not that they actually play any sports there.

come on BT-Blue--Big 10 D1 (conference ranked, RPI  11, out of 31 d1 conferences), so i know they will not see you, for one of your personal d1 conference games (there's the cheapshot, if you do not work d1 out there) even when they go west, or so it says from googling. hey maybe postseason by 2050 if you are still working.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MadMax said:

Q: How many NFL teams does New York host? 
A: One.

 

... The Buffalo Bills. :D

If the other two NY teams did in fact play in NY, it would have been a stretch to call it "professional" football after this past season.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 12:31 PM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Congrats!   How far do you have to travel??  I mean, they don't really have colleges in NJ, do they?

I’m hoping this was to be humorous?  Because there’s actually a whole lot a JUCO ball in our state and surrounding areas of Pa, De, and NY. There’s a ton of campuses I can be at in under two hours.  Throw in DIII and the lists increases. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, BT_Blue said:

Trying to figure out if that is a cheap shot or not? I do think Rutgers is there... right? Not that they actually play any sports there.

Now THAT was a cheap shot. 😉 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...