Hey Jersey Guys.....

Kevin_K
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 879 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

3 hours ago, Kevin_K said:

@Richvee @LMSANS @BRUMP @rcjhyman and other NJ guys...

Look what I just found..... 

I wonder what @JimKirk had to offer as a sacrifice to the NJSIAA to become an official vendor.

So are they Smitty shirts?  Or the same garbage Cliff Keen shirts?  

10 hours ago, Richvee said:

So are they Smitty shirts?  Or the same garbage Cliff Keen shirts?  

They are Smitty per the comments in the description.

From UA:

Description

Want a crisper, more professional look on the field? These high-performance Pro Knit umpire shirts are dyed in a unique way to provide a vibrancy and durability that is unparalleled! Smitty’s dye sublimation process prints logos and flags directly onto the fabric ensures this shirt can be worn and laundered time and time again without fading or peeling.

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

From UA:

Description

Want a crisper, more professional look on the field? These high-performance Pro Knit umpire shirts are dyed in a unique way to provide a vibrancy and durability that is unparalleled! Smitty’s dye sublimation process prints logos and flags directly onto the fabric ensures this shirt can be worn and laundered time and time again without fading or peeling.

Same thing Michigan uses now .............

On 11/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, BT_Blue said:

I want Washington to go to... well... ANYTHING BUT CLIFF KEAN! Those things are terrible! I have the utmost respect for the company we use. But those shirts are trash!

No fooling. Besides having to wash separately, in delicate mode and inside out, any foul ball leaves a mark or a rip. Absolutely horrible. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:22 AM, wolfe_man said:

From UA:

Description

When I read that it seemed like  they were talking about Smitty only in context to the dye process for the logo. 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:38 AM, LMSANS said:

They are Smitty. Rumor has it that they are looking at mandating the Smitty for state tourney. The state manual says there are no changes for 2021-2022 season.

Can we start a movement and get everyone to just buy the black Smitty  shirts?  If I get one more Varsity partner this year that emails me and says “ I only have navy” I may loose it. 😤

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Richvee said:

No fooling. Besides having to wash separately, in delicate mode and inside out, any foul ball leaves a mark or a rip. Absolutely horrible. 

Forget about getting it hit by a ball. What about the fact that ANY FOLD OR CREASE in the shirt removes the black color and shows the white fabric underneath!

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Richvee said:

Can we start a movement and get everyone to just buy the black Smitty  shirts?  If I get one more Varsity partner this year that emails me and says “ I only have navy” I may loose it. 😤

I've been watching for sales and started buying 2, a large and a medium. The medium is for the bases. If my partner is the right size and can fit, I'll loan them a shirt to match. Out here, powder (delta) blue seems to be the standard. 

On 11/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, Richvee said:

Stay away from the shore. Very few guys with anything but navy. I bought the black and used it hold the chains in football.

29 minutes ago, LMSANS said:

Stay away from the shore. Very few guys with anything but navy. I bought the black and used it hold the chains in football.

Wow. That’s crazy. I must say, doing varsity in Northern NJ, I only had the “ I only have navy” guys 2 or 3 times. However, each time, they perpetuated the stereotype.