Time or No Time

Rotten

Question

7 answers to this question

Here’s what the 2020 Little League Rules Instruction Manual says about the “Do Not Pitch” signal (rule 5.02)

INSTRUCTOR’S COMMENTS

➔ The “No Pitch” signal (raising one hand up while facing the pitcher) is the same as calling “Time”. If an Umpire raises one hand up while facing the pitcher, he/she has called “Time Out”. The ball must be made “live” again after this “Time Out.” See Rule 5.11.

Yep for me hand up or two  hands up waving for no pitch which equals time.  Usually I need to do this because the kid is fast pitching and the batter is not set yet for that matter neither am I and or I have NOT yet made an open hand gesture towards the mound and said "PLAY"

I heard pointing at them is now considered threatening so its palm up "Vanna" like gesture and "PLAY!"

On 11/3/2021 at 6:03 AM, Rotten said:

I had a pitcher  last night not looking with men on and starting his pitching motion, when he finally looked up he see's the batter with one foot out of the box and my hand up and stops his delivery half way through. I called 2 balks on him as he did it twice in the inning the second time after being told to watch me for the point that the batter completely in the box and  is ready to receive the pitch,  What you say?

I have some questions for you @Rotten.

If you had your hand up and it was your belief that F1 could not pitch because the BR was not ready, and F1 reacted to your signal indicating he should not pitch, how is it that you called two balks on him?

Those actions seem incongruent. How did they react to the balks you created? What infraction did you cite? How did you justify telling F1 to stop through your hand gesture yet penalize him when he did?

• Like 1

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.