Jump to content

Chest Protector Porn


Cavalier1948

Recommended Posts

My 3 rigs from left to right:

1. Douglas 13in - Grey. Modifications: Douglas added shoulder caps, T-Hooks, Additional self Frankensteined plastic length, F3 Harness, stickers. 

2. Douglas 13in - Black. Modifications: Frankensteined 3 piece plastic parts, Frankensteined shoulder caps- parts include champion caps, self adhering Velcro, and 1.5 in elastic, T-Hooks, Umplife customized harness, stickers 

3. Smitty/Douglas 13in - Grey. Modifications. Frankensteined similar shoulder caps and additional length, T-hooks, original custom umplife harness, stickers. 

IMG_1737.thumb.jpg.cab33bae66872c4269abed98f0f1bdbb.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Scissors said:

$$$

I get that. But he got it for so cheap and now it’s close to 1K. Let someone buy it next time who will actually use it. There’s buying and selling and then there’s just gouging. I bought my Team Wendy power for way less than this one is now going for 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tpatience said:

I get that. But he got it for so cheap and now it’s close to 1K. Let someone buy it next time who will actually use it. There’s buying and selling and then there’s just gouging. I bought my Team Wendy power for way less than this one is now going for 

Might be just people racking up the price with no intention of paying. My dream is to one day get my hands on a power but with these prices I never will. Kinda sad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Scissors said:

Might be just people racking up the price with no intention of paying. My dream is to one day get my hands on a power but with these prices I never will. Kinda sad

Hopefully. Pretty irritating that he just wants to make a quick buck over something like this 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tpatience said:

Hopefully. Pretty irritating that he just wants to make a quick buck over something like this 

I hear you, but if someone wants to make some money, and people are willing to pay the price. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to make some money. No different that any other industry/endeavor. Why do major leaguer's get paid so much money, and why do the owners pay? Because they can. Sucks for the consumer sometimes, but if one is willing to pay, who am I to judge? JMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, tpatience said:

I get that. But he got it for so cheap and now it’s close to 1K. Let someone buy it next time who will actually use it. There’s buying and selling and then there’s just gouging. I bought my Team Wendy power for way less than this one is now going for 

Lmao gouging? I started it at $105. You can take that conversation somewhere else bud. I strongly considered keeping it, but I’ve been beyond satisfied with my OG Douglas WV, and Douglas still reconditions them for a reasonable price. I figured since I work 300+ games a year I probably shouldn’t ruin a perfectly good Power and then have to shell out hundreds for Riddell to recon it with football shoulder pad parts.. good news for you in terms of value though.. With the TW retro, yours would be likely to fetch more than $1200 as you can see from the sale. If you don’t have haters you’re not doing anything right. Keep that energy 🤙 I love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thorton20 said:

Lmao gouging? I started it at $105. You can take that conversation somewhere else bud. I strongly considered keeping it, but I’ve been beyond satisfied with my OG Douglas WV, and Douglas still reconditions them for a reasonable price. I figured since I work 300+ games a year I probably shouldn’t ruin a perfectly good Power and then have to shell out hundreds for Riddell to recon it with football shoulder pad parts.. good news for you in terms of value though.. With the TW retro, yours would be likely to fetch more than $1200 as you can see from the sale. If you don’t have haters you’re not doing anything right. Keep that energy 🤙 I love it.

You knew it would get that high, as you mentioned that when I messaged you with a decent offer from what you bought it from. I’m just a little disappointed. And I know my power would get that much but it never will because I got it from a professional umpire and if I ever do sell it, it will go to another professional umpire, not some knob on eBay 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, tpatience said:

You knew it would get that high, as you mentioned that when I messaged you with a decent offer from what you bought it from. I’m just a little disappointed. And I know my power would get that much but it never will because I got it from a professional umpire and if I ever do sell it, it will go to another professional umpire, not some knob on eBay 

Lol a “decent” offer. Thanks for that. If you must know it was a MLB guy and a D1 guy with the final bids. Surely they wouldn’t wanna be called knobs. Anyways, your disappointment isn’t worth more to me than paying my bills, so I really couldn’t care less. Take care ✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, tpatience said:

You knew it would get that high, as you mentioned that when I messaged you with a decent offer from what you bought it from. I’m just a little disappointed. And I know my power would get that much but it never will because I got it from a professional umpire and if I ever do sell it, it will go to another professional umpire, not some knob on eBay 

 

2 minutes ago, thorton20 said:

Lol a “decent” offer. Thanks for that. If you must know it was a MLB guy and a D1 guy with the final bids. Surely they wouldn’t wanna be called knobs. Anyways, your disappointment isn’t worth more to me than paying my bills, so I really couldn’t care less. Take care ✌️

Guys ..... please take this to personal messaging.  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/20/2022 at 1:01 AM, umpstu said:

+POS was the bomb and everybody wanted to wear their gear.  I believe they actually had the first model of real plate shoes. And then the pops passed on and the customer customer service went downhill.  I sure hope they can get it together.

I don't think that's correct, Spot-built (Yeah, remember them?) was making plate shoes by the mid 70's for sure and I think that predate +POS, but I'm not positive. I think I may still have mine. I will post a picture if I can find them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Barry Haggard said:

I don't think that's correct, Spot-built (Yeah, remember them?) was making plate shoes by the mid 70's for sure and I think that predate +POS, but I'm not positive. I think I may still have mine. I will post a picture if I can find them. 

Possibly correct.  I started in 1995, but I did have Spot-built base shoes.  Really liked them.  Also loved the Gerry Davis patent leather shoes. And then some damn catcher stepped on one of them and gashed it.  Runners are able to  steal on catchers whose first step is backwards.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, Scissors said:

Sure. 15 in Douglas with RayFlex harness and 15 inch +Pos BB2000 with F3 harness. +Pos hasn't gotten much use from me even with the better harness.

20210926_110808.jpg

I would keep that as a collectors item now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Posted those quick between games ... for context ...

 

I hadn't seen a Tucci anywhere yet, so I had to snap a picture.  Looks like it is a catcher's chest protector with an extra piece on it.

While the guy was talking about where he got it, the other guy pulled his old thing out and said "Machinist, 1970- something."

The tag says something Gladiator.

Edit: The Tucci is a catcher's chest protector.  The "commotio cordis" plate just looks different than the image on Amazon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

While the guy was talking about where he got it, the other guy pulled his old thing out and said "Machinist, 1970- something."

The tag says something Gladiator.

I think the tag says Medalist Gladiator.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...