Carlucci CP

boyinr

15 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Roger, I think he's been wearing that thing forever!

Forever plus a day! I'm sure we could go back and find photos. But Cece passed away 13 years ago this past September. So it is at least that old.

My favorite was always the red Honigs K1 of the late/great Durwood Merrill.

8 hours ago, Cavalier1948 said:

Dang that’s wild. Do you remember where you saw it?

Yes, it was in person at a private auction. It was in really good shape. Some of the straps could use replacement on it but the leather and plates were great. It also came with the matching shin guards. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The Short Umpire said:

Yes, it was in person at a private auction. It was in really good shape. Some of the straps could use replacement on it but the leather and plates were great. It also came with the matching shin guards. 

So, I happen to know who got it. I think it may have been able to go for less, but he's got...personality.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

So, I happen to know who got it. I think it may have been able to go for less, but he's got...personality.

...and cash! 

$2K for one of these is the highest I've heard.  I do remember one on eBay (and here) awhile back and most seemingly were upset the guy was asking a grand for it. 

• 2 weeks later...