La Russa suggests rule change

dumbdumb

Just like checking pitchers now, for cheating with a foreign substance.

sign stealing cheating again, at second base.

new rule proposal from La Russa

But La Russa did suggest there could be some rule changes to avoid sign-stealing in the future, including making the runner at second turn his back while the signs are being exchanged. The umpire would then tell the runner when to turn back to home.

https://www.mlb.com/news/ryan-tepera-implies-astros-stealing-signs-in-alds

add the change proposal above to the other rule that we are hearing to change.

let's see. batted ball in the air hits off top of outfielders head or off of glove and goes into stands. home run. that's all right and favors batter.

ball comes off wall hits player again in back of head or ground and then player again unintentionally/accidentally and then goes back over fence. 2 bases from TOP for a double only, rather than judgement on placement. favors defense rather than offense.

Sounds like these punishments handed out are a wash to me, but apparently both need to favor offense. need new rule.

and what will happened with running in grass issue to first base. BR must be totally in dirt after leaving batters box at all times in addition to being in runners lane on throw "to" first baseman.

3 possible changes. just cannot keep up with them all.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, dumbdumb said:

and what will happened with running in grass issue to first base. BR must be totally in dirt after leaving batters box at all times in addition to being in runners lane on throw "to" first baseman.

Nobody, as in nobody, would go for this.  1) Slows down the runner going for two;  2) The dirt isn't the same in every park. 

On 10/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, dumbdumb said:

Just like checking pitchers now, for cheating with a foreign substance.

sign stealing cheating again, at second base.

new rule proposal from La Russa

But La Russa did suggest there could be some rule changes to avoid sign-stealing in the future, including making the runner at second turn his back while the signs are being exchanged. The umpire would then tell the runner when to turn back to home.

https://www.mlb.com/news/ryan-tepera-implies-astros-stealing-signs-in-alds

add the change proposal above to the other rule that we are hearing to change.

let's see. batted ball in the air hits off top of outfielders head or off of glove and goes into stands. home run. that's all right and favors batter.

ball comes off wall hits player again in back of head or ground and then player again unintentionally/accidentally and then goes back over fence. 2 bases from TOP for a double only, rather than judgement on placement. favors defense rather than offense.

Sounds like these punishments handed out are a wash to me, but apparently both need to favor offense. need new rule.

3 possible changes. just cannot keep up with them all.

Play, coach, or umpire. Which of the 3 do you do?

18 hours ago, UMP45 said:

Play, coach, or umpire. Which of the 3 do you do?

none of the above. to dumb for all. and after coming here, there would be no others sports i could do either being so dumb, nor any flexibilty to work if i could. but i can attend and just watch a game of any sport every now and then.

with a little googling and google maps.

now don't you have to leave for a fall ball game at ernie shore, i mean gene hooks, i mean dave couch, or Mcbane, or spartan or willard fields.

On 10/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, kylejt said:

Better off banning plastic trash cans. 

As an Astros fan it sucks to have the 2017 World Series tainted and leaves you to wonder what would have happened. Obviously the team was talented but you are left to wonder. 

The funny thing to me is the past three games in Boston where they have jeered and booed the Astros when their manager fully admitted to being behind the scheme in 2017 AND bringing it to Boston in 2018 during which they won a World Series. The cognitive dissonance is comical.

Almost as comical as having a grown man turn around and play "no looksies" at second base during a professional sporting event. I thought La Russa was Mr. Old School, he should be all about trying to getting signs from second base.