Calling time, BOS TAMPA game 4, 9th inning

Jimurray

At our level we don't give time for any little thing and if an adult league wants to emulate MLB with time after every play we enthuse them but not before looking around to ensure relaxed action. Who asked for time when R1 noticed 2B uncovered and Gibson gave it without a clue? Non starter as BOS won with next at bat but sht could have happened unless I didn't see the whole sequence of who asked for time or even if it was asked for.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

At our level we don't give time for any little thing and if an adult league wants to emulate MLB with time after every play we enthuse them but not before looking around to ensure relaxed action. Who asked for time when R1 noticed 2B uncovered and Gibson gave it without a clue? Non starter as BOS won with next at bat but sht could have happened unless I didn't see the whole sequence of who asked for time or even if it was asked for.

Agree...at our levels...keep it live as often as possible. Keep things moving. 

Screwed up.

I do remember a game when Paul Lo Duca was with the Mets, and Hunter W. was doing the plate.

There was a play at the plate, and the runner was ruled safe.  Senor Lo Duca immediately disagreed, and proceeded to throw the ball to the ground in a raging display of disgust. 

While this was going on the runner at 1B, John Smoltz, took off for 2B.  However, he was returned to 1B.

I asked Hunter why, and he told me that playing action had ended.  Meanwhile, the ball had rolled halfway to the backstop.