Did I miss an appeal in the T8 in Dodgers Cards 2021WC?

Jimurray

1 hour ago, Jimurray said:

They go to replay which rules R1 touched 2B  after overrunning 2B. Where was the appeal that generated the replay?

The appeal took place at 2B...R1, running on the pitch, flyout to F7, retraces steps to retreat back to 1b and replay was inclusive that he missed 2B on his way back so they denied LA's retouch/last time by appeal. 

7 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

The appeal took place at 2B...R1, running on the pitch, flyout to F7, retraces steps to retreat back to 1b and replay was inclusive that he missed 2B on his way back so they denied LA's retouch/last time by appeal. 

you mean .... replay wasn't conclusive, thus they called him safe?   I thought for sure that he missed 2nd, but I'm not looking at all of the replay angles in NYC either ;) 

54 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

you mean .... replay wasn't conclusive, thus they called him safe?   I thought for sure that he missed 2nd, but I'm not looking at all of the replay angles in NYC either ;) 

I'm not trying to argue with people over this..but don't we think that if at any point Laz or Replay knew that he failed to retouch in in his last time by, that they'd have upheld the appeal? 

Here's J. Turner calling for the appeal for those who say (because they didn't see it on TV...then it didn't happen)...that they indeed appealed before going to replay. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 8.06.09 AM.jpg

With appeals, I'm of the mindset that unless you're sure they missed the base or left early, do not uphold the appeal. 

The replay, to me, showed that he probably missed the base, which under the logic above is not sufficient to uphold it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

Here's J. Turner calling for the appeal for those who say (because they didn't see it on TV...then it didn't happen)...that they indeed appealed before going to replay.

Not making this into something bigger than it is (grand scheme it's a minor technical point) but watching the game back now it seems extremely unlikely they went through the pomp and circumstance of a proper appeal. They got to replay very quickly and you have to imagine they'd replay the ceremony - also the announcers clearly say "there was no call on the field by Laz Diaz". Completely allowing for the chance the broadcast did a poor job here 😂

Nice catch of Turner calling it out but since OBR doesn't have verbal appeals that's only step 1.

22 hours ago, Velho said:

also the announcers clearly say "there was no call on the field by Laz Diaz". Completely allowing for the chance the broadcast did a poor job here 😂

Diaz may or may not have signaled "safe" on the appeal. We're forced to believe them b/c there's no video footage of an actual appeal. 

What dugout were the Dodgers in? Perhaps J. Turner was relaying what they were yelling from the 3B dugout, assuming of course that was the LA dugout. 

Or he was watching the play and was aware that he probably did miss 2B on his way back. I struggle thinking that Diaz would've missed it being that's essentially his only responsibility on that play. 

6 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

I struggle thinking that Diaz would've missed it being that's essentially his only responsibility on that play. 

It appears in the video that he is walking back, looking right at the 2 base as R1 is heading back to 1B. 

21 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

Diaz may or may not have signaled "safe" on the appeal. We're forced to believe them b/c there's no video footage of an actual appeal. 

What dugout were the Dodgers in? Perhaps J. Turner was relaying what they were yelling from the 3B dugout, assuming of course that was the LA dugout. 

Or he was watching the play and was aware that he probably did miss 2B on his way back. I struggle thinking that Diaz would've missed it being that's essentially his only responsibility on that play. 

i think this shot may???? help on did he or did he not touch. he may still have been a hairline fracture all on the dirt in front of the bag i guess ( i went golfing once and thought i hit a ball about 150 yards and barely into the rough. i was looking and looking. i finally found the ball about 110 yards out and felt ashamed. this is when i knew my judgment was terrible, and no my vision was supposedly perfect at the time).

my problem is there are some horrible angles without zoom in's to help reach a decision. you would think there would be a thousand angles beamed right in to catch this from all the angles. Do you know if some stadiums have more camera's than other stadiums, and do all stadiums have the camera's set up in all the exact same spots.

check out very closely 13:54-13:56