Dodgers Cardinals WC yes he did or did he go?

Stick to what you have been trained for. Do not emulate Joe as in the fifth inning where on a check swing he used his right arm with a righty batter to ask if he went. His crew knows Joe and there was no confusion. I've even seen Joe use his right arm with an open becoming hand asking U1. It won't work for us. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/6/2021 at 9:28 PM, Jimurray said:

Stick to what you have been trained for. Do not emulate Joe as in the fifth inning where on a check swing he used his right arm with a righty batter to ask if he went. His crew knows Joe and there was no confusion. I've even seen Joe use his right arm with an open becoming hand asking U1. It won't work for us. 

I disagree. While I wouldn't teach it...if my base umpire is that dense to think that "Oh...I don't know...I thought you called it a strike" We shouldn't lock ourselves into processing what's happening around us to not realize what our PU might be asking us as the base umpire. 

Yes, we should go with the left....but umpires need to use their brains too...this falls under "sometimes you just have to umpire"