Proper Hemming Length for Plate Pants.

RC2004
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 890 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

32 minutes ago, RC2004 said:

Hello all,

I recently got new plate pants and I am getting them hemmed. I was curious what the proper length is and how they should look with my plate shoes. I wear the new balance V3's.

Thanks!

When you get them hemmed, wear your shoes and shin guards so they can be properly measured. I make sure that the bottom of my pants are almost touching the ground when standing straight up 

• Like 5

Adding to @tpatience's excellent advice, request an extra-strong stitch, and/or eliminate as much extra material from the tucked-up hem as possible. This prevents it from snagging on the shin guard plates when you crouch and extend, crouch and extend.

• Like 6

Also when you are being measured look straight ahead.  If you have your head tilted down to look it will pull the rear portion up slightly giving the appearance that the hem will be correct.  When they sew it the back will be too long.  I know this as I was a Recruit Company Commander, Navy drill instructor, for 3 years and saw it all of the time.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, RC2004 said:

Hello all,

I recently got new plate pants and I am getting them hemmed. I was curious what the proper length is and how they should look with my plate shoes. I wear the new balance V3's.

Thanks!

Old article that you still might find helpful:

https://www.ump-attire.com/Blog/Appropriate-Hem-Length-Look-Professional-and-Prolong-Your-Pant-Life

• Like 2