Joe West looks feeble.

Jimurray

But ain't.

Watching, distractedly,  NYY-BOS tonight 9/24. I look up and see the rabbit, Joe doing a shuffle to get where he needs to be. I'm thinking, Joe you need to retire. Then, in the T9, he walks into a perfect spot to see R1 come off 2B on the steal for an out which was not even taken to replay. BTW it does not seem Covid is an issue in that stadium.

12 hours ago, Jimurray said:

But ain't.

Watching, distractedly,  NYY-BOS tonight 9/24. I look up and see the rabbit, Joe doing a shuffle to get where he needs to be. I'm thinking, Joe you need to retire. Then, in the T9, he walks into a perfect spot to see R1 come off 2B on the steal for an out which was not even taken to replay. BTW it does not seem Covid is an issue in that stadium.

Jimurray

i will give you 2 articles (probably already read them a while ago.) you can decide which should/might happen on one of your thoughts above. read the articles carefully. the words used are, plans to (not definitive), and, may/undecided (not definitive), and who/whom they were said to (it looks like judge Kelly versus Bob Nightengale (or at least reported by Nightengale). now, if it had been you that said those same words above to the same two people, no matter what you are thinking, what would you do?. and then, lets see what happens in this situation.

joe did get knee replacement surgery in the off season.

joe is not the oldest umpire to work if you go by all time, versus right now. At least one, Shag, still has him beat on that one.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlbs-five-silliest-controversies-of-2021-mets-vs-their-fans-tony-la-russa-vs-own-player-and-more/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2021/5/25/22453110/joe-west-umpire-record-games-white-sox-cardinals-guaranteed-rate-field

9 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Jimurray

i will give you 2 articles (probably already read them a while ago.) you can decide which should/might happen on one of your thoughts above. read the articles carefully. the words used are, plans to (not definitive), and, may/undecided (not definitive), and who/whom they were said to (it looks like judge Kelly versus Bob Nightengale (or at least reported by Nightengale). now, if it had been you that said those same words above to the same two people, no matter what you are thinking, what would you do?. and then, lets see what happens in this situation.

joe did get knee replacement surgery in the off season.

joe is not the oldest umpire to work if you go by all time, versus right now. At least one, Shag, still has him beat on that one.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlbs-five-silliest-controversies-of-2021-mets-vs-their-fans-tony-la-russa-vs-own-player-and-more/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2021/5/25/22453110/joe-west-umpire-record-games-white-sox-cardinals-guaranteed-rate-field

Great article on Joe.  Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

feeble guy looked pretty good missing only 2 pitches courtesy of CCS (oops, got to wait on those late breaking MLB computations that sometimes change later to make sure). Seems like a very short while ago, he only missed 1 pitch in a post-season game. oh, that was in his previous post-season game in the 2018 LCS. now lets see all the places that do not acknowledge the system itself 1 inch margin of error, nor the radius of the ball 1.4-1.5 inches since they only plot the dot from the exact middle of the ball, ignoring the other 1.4-5 inches that did get the plane of the plate.

think good ole slow pitch softball. a good ole spot appears on the dirt after crossing the whole plate but 1/2-1 inch off from the white of the edge of the plate. do you call that a ball? oh well.