gerryjklein

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FranklinT said:

This has gone the way of the unicorn 

Majestic simply isn’t making them anymore. They’re under no contractual obligation to anymore, due to Nike rolling in and scooping up the MLB contract. Someone had to, after Majestic’s parent company made it be known they had no interest in renewing the contract, and UnderArmour subsequently signed on and then crapped out. Turns out paying (already overpaid) professional athletes is expensive! 

Nike taking over the MLB clothier contract is neither good nor bad, save two things it reveals for us as umpires, either: 1) Nike doesn’t care about MLB Umpires in its plans, or B) Someone within MLBU has the clout to reject anything Nike is designing and/or suggesting. 

25 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Nike taking over the MLB clothier contract is neither good nor bad, save two things it reveals for us as umpires, either: 1/A) Nike doesn’t care about MLB Umpires in its plans, or 2/B) Someone within MLBU has the clout to reject anything Nike is designing and/or suggesting. 

I'll take option #2 for $1000, Mayim.

12 hours ago, MadMax said:

Majestic simply isn’t making them anymore. They’re under no contractual obligation to anymore, due to Nike rolling in and scooping up the MLB contract. Someone had to, after Majestic’s parent company made it be known they had no interest in renewing the contract, and UnderArmour subsequently signed on and then crapped out. Turns out paying (already overpaid) professional athletes is expensive! 

Nike taking over the MLB clothier contract is neither good nor bad, save two things it reveals for us as umpires, either: 1) Nike doesn’t care about MLB Umpires in its plans, or B) Someone within MLBU has the clout to reject anything Nike is designing and/or suggesting. 

What are the current MLB guys wearing this year?  Noticed there are no logos on the shirts.  

1 hour ago, FranklinT said:

What are the current MLB guys wearing this year?  Noticed there are no logos on the shirts.

It’s entirely possible they’re de-logo’d Majestic’s (sleeve) or they’re Smitty’s or Honig’s with the center-yoke logo obscured. It’s that contract with Nike compelling that action. 

Sheesh, all this kerfuffle over a logo, the size of a dime, on an umpire. 

Now do you see why I hold Wilson in such contempt? 🤨

On 9/22/2021 at 8:28 PM, gerryjklein said:

Does anyone know where you can still purchase a Majestic long sleeve black with charcoal gray shirt?

What size you looking for? . . . I've got more Majestic and Honig's new stuff than I'll ever use 🙂 pm me if you want to.