• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, TopHat64 said:

Is there a restriction on how many batters the offensive team may have warming up on the field between innings? Would appreciate all codes but mostly FED. Thanks

I don't know the answer here, but, I am sure a lot of us have seen the whole damn team out there swinging their bats. 

WTBS, I have restricted them to the upcoming three batters but I don't have any rule backing on this.  I have also restricted the batters to stay on their side (seen mostly in lower aged tournaments) where they go across to see the pitcher from their side of the plate. I reason that they won't be allowed to go across in high school, might as well have them learn that now.

In Little League, only the first batter of the inning may be out warming up.  All other times there is no on-deck area.  (60')

I think in the 90' game, since there is an on-deck area, between innings the first batter of the inning and the subsequent on-deck batter may be out.  But that's it.  (That's an interp from my District.)

Mike

Las Vegas

49 minutes ago, TopHat64 said:

Is there a restriction on how many batters the offensive team may have warming up on the field between innings? Would appreciate all codes but mostly FED. Thanks

3-3-3

Players (plural) loosening up to bat shall remain in the area of their teams on deck circle while the picture is warming up.

I can't give a definitive answer for FED, but I know OBR and NCAA allow only the on deck batter (and the current batter while between innings or a new pitcher is brought in). The idea being, the rules state that the only members of the offensive team permitted to be on the playing field are the batter, on deck batter, runners, and base coaches. In practice, is that actually enforced? Outside of this specific application, no, but in College and Professional baseball, the umpires are expected to disallow batters from warming up that are not the current or on deck batters. I imagine FED is the same

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.