hat rules are applied when in one throw an illegal pitch and stolen base (moving base to soon)?

I assume the first word is supposed to be "What" not "hat."     Hat rules I am unaware of.

An illegal pitch is an immediate dead ball.   If there was a runner, it is almost always a balk and the runner gets the next base (you're going to have to describe the illegality of the pitch that you are concerned about).

29 minutes ago, flyingron said:

I assume the first word is supposed to be "What" not "hat."     Hat rules I am unaware of.

An illegal pitch is an immediate dead ball.   If there was a runner, it is almost always a balk and the runner gets the next base (you're going to have to describe the illegality of the pitch that you are concerned about).

Only in FED is an IP an immediate dead ball. 

1 minute ago, LMSANS said:

This is a softball question, folks.

An illegal pitch is a delayed dead ball and a ball on the batter.

and (if I understand the OP correctly) does that override the runner on first leaving too soon? Or is she out?

3 minutes ago, Velho said:

and (if I understand the OP correctly) does that override the runner on first leaving too soon? Or is she out?

Sorry about that …senior moment.

a runner leaving early is a dead ball and the runner is out, so the illegal pitch never happens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LMSANS said:

a runner leaving early is a dead ball and the runner is out, so the illegal pitch never happens.

Yikes. No red flag, let's see what happens, come on back leaving early stuff there.

image.png.066f815dab24bf3bbf32799b200d3067.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 9:22 PM, LMSANS said:

Sorry about that …senior moment.

And this is true in both fastpitch (leaving early is before ball leaves pitcher's hand) and slow pitch (leaving early is before ball is hit/reaches plate)....in either case it's an immediate dead ball - "time, runner out, no pitch."

Other runners return.

As such, you can only call one runner out for a lead off...even if all three clearly leave early.

It's a little quirky for slow pitch where the umpire could conceivably rule/signal "illegal pitch" for a pitch that is out of the hand and on its way to the plate - eg. too much arc - but if the runner subsequently leaves before the pitch lands/reaches the plate it becomes "no pitch".