2021 LLWS (WA/TX)

SeeingEyeDog

16 minutes ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

nobody asked me but, kids need balance

I couldn't agree more

16 minutes ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

LL and travel baseball run concurrently! This creates real schedule drama for those families

It's the parents creating the drama. I feel for the kids that only do travel given all the (net) good things about LL (imo). Doing both at the same time is about the parents ego* for the parents and a great way to get an 11 yr old Tommy John surgery.

* They can say it's about college scholarships but it's not reality. The economics simply aren't there.

5 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

Where I am...LL and travel baseball run concurrently! This creates real schedule drama for those families. LL is 2 games and 2 practices per week. Travel can be 4 practices and 3+ games per week. These families are baseball 7 days a week...nobody asked me but, kids need balance.

Nobody likes to talk about this and Williamsport won't acknowledge it publicly but, travel baseball is eating away at LL participation altogether. If it weren't for the LLWS and the ESPN TV deal, I'm not sure LL would even exist anymore.

Truly, @Velho...sad.

~Dawg

Around here there's no LL, everything here is call ripken and it's doing up due to the travel ball. Tegra ball used to be elite baseball but now because everybody with a checkbook gets their kid on these travel teams the level of ball at travel levels is dropping quickly. 

12U and under its an illegal pitch call, Its a delayed dead ball.

LL does NOT want to see it called. Personally its in the dang rule book, it should be called.  But like the giving of signs from 2nd they do NOT want calls like those made on TV.

PENALTY FOR AN ILLEGAL PITCH: Little League (Major)/ Minor League: The ball is dead and no runners will advance. The pitch shall be called a ball even if the pitch is not actually thrown. EXCEPTION: If the pitch is delivered and a play follows the illegal pitch, the play shall be allowed to continue as a delayed dead ball. Upon completion of the play, the manager of the offense may advise the plate umpire of a decision to decline the illegal pitch penalty and accept the play. Such election shall be made immediately at the end of the play. However, if the batter hits the ball and reaches first base safely, and if all base-runners advance at least one base on the action resulting from the batted ball, the play proceeds without reference to the illegal pitch.

When an illegal pitch is called, regardless of whether the pitch is completed or not by the pitcher, a pitch will always be charged to the pitcher’s pitch count. (Rule 2.00 Definitions: Pitch) NOTE: Under no circumstances shall a balk be called in Little League (Major) or Minor League.

14 hours ago, Jimurray said:

While you have cited the penalty in the rulebook for an illegal pitch you haven't cited what rule the OP pitcher violated that would be penalized as an IP.

Sorry did not Senor Azul do that earlier in the thread?

1 hour ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Sorry did not Senor Azul do that earlier in the thread?

So you are saying he violated 8.05(a)?  The clip I saw had him moving something during the whole delivery. What is the penalty with no runners on in majors and below if you thought he violated 8.05(a)?

21 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

So you are saying he violated 8.05(a)?  The clip I saw had him moving something during the whole delivery. What is the penalty with no runners on in majors and below if you thought he violated 8.05(a)?

I am going off OP and have seen now clip of it.  Do you have a link?

38 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

It was posted earlier in the thead. Little League pitcher channels Johnny Cueto (mlb.com)

Well I see two separate spots where he comes to a complete pause for at least half a second with no shimmy so he is hanging his leg there stopped with no motion based on 805a  yep IP in 2 of the 3 that I saw course I am not there and I am seeing it off twitter ..

But I will say again

LL does not want to see stuff like that called at all..