A way to where umpires aren’t like they are

Guest Caden lowe
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 983 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Guest Caden lowe

I would like to first start off by saying that most umpires most umpires are great are absolutely amazing but there are some umpires Who should not deserve to be on a field why I say this is because they will treat players with disrespect and they will say that a player had said something because they are black or white and the umpire hasn’t liked them all game so my conclusion for my argument is My conclusion of the argument is that an umpire should be mic Ed up every game so we can know whether the batter has said anything or done anything for that player to be thrown out because sometimes the players never deserve to be thrown out but still do just to the fact of the unpire thinking that he’s the owner of the game and that he controls everything and if a player lays a hand on you to try to get your attention they should not be thrown out because your the one who won’t talk to them face to face because you think you shouldn’t have to when you should because players can have say in stuff as well not just you so imps should be mic ed up every game and they should respect players as if they would wanna be respected and most importantly TREAT THE GAME FAIR FOR BOTH SIDES!!

22 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Guest Caden lowe said:

I would like to first start off by saying that most umpires most umpires are great are absolutely amazing but there are some umpires Who should not deserve to be on a field why I say this is because they will treat players with disrespect and they will say that a player had said something because they are black or white and the umpire hasn’t liked them all game so my conclusion for my argument is My conclusion of the argument is that an umpire should be mic Ed up every game so we can know whether the batter has said anything or done anything for that player to be thrown out because sometimes the players never deserve to be thrown out but still do just to the fact of the unpire thinking that he’s the owner of the game and that he controls everything and if a player lays a hand on you to try to get your attention they should not be thrown out because your the one who won’t talk to them face to face because you think you shouldn’t have to when you should because players can have say in stuff as well not just you so imps should be mic ed up every game and they should respect players as if they would wanna be respected and most importantly TREAT THE GAME FAIR FOR BOTH SIDES!!

Commas and periods to end sentences are our friend 

Mic/body cam the umpires? Ok fine with me.

That also means fans and coaches appear on said body cam. I’m game.

I wonder how quickly the winds would change….a guy can dream, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Catch18 said:

Mic/body cam the umpires? Ok fine with me.

That also means fans and coaches appear on said body cam.

OP fails to remember (or know, since he reads like a young welp) that umpires have been mic’d during games. And, both MLB and NCAA administrations have been exceptionally protective about the contents of these recordings… not to protect the umpires… but to protect the other participants (coaches, players, etc). 

It would seem some folks have foul, dirty mouths, and the high, almost divine reverence that the public holds for them would be tarnished if the truth got out. 

Recordings like this, picked up from a directional shot-gun microphone, gave MLB great pause over the issue of mic’ing their umpires, and publishing the recordings: 

https://youtu.be/rpS-XFXxJvE

I don’t detect much in the way of “respect” here, which is what the OP so desperately wants.

This was “officially” released by MLB. Hallion was appraised that any recordings from this game would be published, and as such, he was rather calculative of what he said. We can’t say the same for Terry Collins: 

OP fails to remember (or know, since he reads like a young welp) that umpires have been mic’d during games. And, both MLB and NCAA administrations have been exceptionally protective about the contents of these recordings… not to protect the umpires… but to protect the other participants (coaches, players, etc). 
It would seem some folks have foul, dirty mouths, and the high, almost divine reverence that the public holds for them would be tarnished if the truth got out. 
Recordings like this, picked up from a directional shot-gun microphone, gave MLB great pause over the issue of mic’ing their umpires, and publishing the recordings: 
https://youtu.be/rpS-XFXxJvE

I don’t detect much in the way of “respect” here, which is what the OP so desperately wants.
This was “officially” released by MLB. Hallion was appraised that any recordings from this game would be published, and as such, he was rather calculative of what he said. We can’t say the same for Terry Collins: 

Max, agree on all good points. Maybe I missed something in his OP - was he referring to a recent MLB game? But my mind went directly to my own little world of summer daddy ball. I wonder if I was wearing said police-type body cam, would super dad have screeched “you f****** piece of s***” from the stands thrice as he was being EJ for keeping his little darling in the box on a nullified HBP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would love to see some reactions when closing the pregame mtg - “ok guys, good luck, I’m hitting the body cam record button now.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catch18 said:

I would love to see some reactions when closing the pregame mtg - “ok guys, good luck, I’m hitting the body cam record button now.”

Heck no! I’d want the body cam recording from the plate meeting itself! 

Not only would we get enough footage of silly ground rules, and stupid questions from coaches, but we could finally identify those jacka$$ colleagues who wheeze on with these long-winded explanations of “their zone”, and “how to approach an umpire”, and “sportsmanship”. 

@Kevin_K, @Richvee, @conbo61 and the rest of the Jersey Blues are excused, because your state forces you to recite that crap. 🤮

1 hour ago, Catch18 said:

Maybe I missed something in his OP - was he referring to a recent MLB game?

Can’t be. His entire post reeks of teenaged, entitled bawling. 😩 Methinks he-thinks the particular umpire he had for his game had something against him, and when he “questioned” said umpire, he got dumped. 

Second-most likely scenario is same situation, except our main character is an Adult Rec player.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MadMax said:

Heck no! I’d want the body cam recording from the plate meeting itself! 

Not only would we get enough footage of silly ground rules, and stupid questions from coaches, but we could finally identify those jacka$$ colleagues who wheeze on with these long-winded explanations of “their zone”, and “how to approach an umpire”, and “sportsmanship”. 

@Kevin_K, @Richvee, @conbo61 and the rest of the Jersey Blues are excused, because your state forces you to recite that crap. 🤮

Can’t be. His entire post reeks of teenaged, entitled bawling. 😩 Methinks he-thinks the particular umpire he had for his game had something against him, and when he “questioned” said umpire, he got dumped. 

Second-most likely scenario is same situation, except our main character is an Adult Rec player.

Uh...Jersey Born and Bred, but actually calling balls and strikes in the Keystone State (PA).

On 8/6/2021 at 9:36 PM, Guest Caden lowe said:

Survey says...

PUNCTUATION!!

And spell check, and grammar,...

Never mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is this OP trying to say? Please close this thread due to incoherent rambling. I know 5 year olds can write a better post than this.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

[reads scoreboard...]

Good grief, Earl...it was the 2nd batter of the game...what a mope that guy was...

~Dawg

Back on topic - Bill Haller was the umpire.   An AL umpire for 20 years and wore #1. Worked 15 ALCS, 4 WS, 4 All Star games and was the last umpire to wear a balloon CP in the World Series.

And he didn't take sh!t from nobody 

"You gonna be in the HoF for f'n a World Series, Earl?" :D