Jump to content
  • 0

Long beard hbp


ousafe

Question

Last night, rec league, we had a player with a long, zz-top style beard. At least 18" long.  My partner (bored with a smooth game) asked - what if the tail of his beard gets hit by a pitch?

I have a hbp, and "stay here" only if he leans in.

Thoughts or rulings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 8/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, beerguy55 said:

In the case of softball, on the bases (although typically tucked into the helmet) if the pony tail of the runner is touched/tagged that is considered part of the person.

I see no reason for the beard to be any different.   On both a tag or a HBP.

What if her hand is on one base and the ponytail is touching the other? :stir

tumblr_cd0cbfb9a38fcb0145458023f3b1bd93_ba98e4fb_640.thumb.jpg.c28c625fe3f7bb484943c31996f8bed9.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, BLWizzRanger said:

Surprised there hasnt been a lawsuit for left handed discrimination.

Whats the other sport?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
 

MARCO

There's actually 1 more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
23 hours ago, BLWizzRanger said:

Surprised there hasnt been a lawsuit for left handed discrimination.

Whats the other sport?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
 

All field hockey sticks are for a right handed shot and left-handed sticks are illegal...and it's forbidden to hit the ball with the back (curved part) of the stick...you could, however, turn the stick over and play left-handed (I think) but that would really be ineffective, as you're basically playing with your stick upside down.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, beerguy55 said:

All field hockey sticks are for a right handed shot and left-handed sticks are illegal...

Wait wait waaaaiiittt. A sport reading as discriminatory? Against left-handers? 

:HS

Methinks Title IX should get involved… or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Wait wait waaaaiiittt. A sport reading as discriminatory? Against left-handers? 

:HS

Methinks Title IX should get involved… or something. 

Eggxackly, call the ACLU.   But don't forget that "sinister" literally means "left".

I'm one of those weirdos - hockey, bat and golf left.  The rest right - write, throw, box, shoot, arm wrestle, bull riding...

Tennis serve/forehand right...but then the two handed backhand feels natural to me, as a left-handed batter.

For fungo/fielding practices, I do that right-handed, one-handed.

I just can't make up my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

Eggxackly, call the ACLU.   But don't forget that "sinister" literally means "left".

I'm one of those weirdos - hockey, bat and golf left.  The rest right - write, throw, box, shoot, arm wrestle, bull riding...

Tennis serve/forehand right...but then the two handed backhand feels natural to me, as a left-handed batter.

For fungo/fielding practices, I do that right-handed, one-handed.

I just can't make up my mind.

So you're saying you're amphibious?

(Yes, that was on purpose)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.






×
×
  • Create New...