Long beard hbp

ousafe
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 954 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Last night, rec league, we had a player with a long, zz-top style beard. At least 18" long.  My partner (bored with a smooth game) asked - what if the tail of his beard gets hit by a pitch?

I have a hbp, and "stay here" only if he leans in.

Thoughts or rulings?

On 8/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, beerguy55 said:

In the case of softball, on the bases (although typically tucked into the helmet) if the pony tail of the runner is touched/tagged that is considered part of the person.

I see no reason for the beard to be any different.   On both a tag or a HBP.

What if her hand is on one base and the ponytail is touching the other? :stir

tumblr_cd0cbfb9a38fcb0145458023f3b1bd93_ba98e4fb_640.thumb.jpg.c28c625fe3f7bb484943c31996f8bed9.jpg

5 minutes ago, BLWizzRanger said:

Surprised there hasnt been a lawsuit for left handed discrimination.

Whats the other sport?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

MARCO

There's actually 1 more. 

23 hours ago, BLWizzRanger said:

Surprised there hasnt been a lawsuit for left handed discrimination.

Whats the other sport?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

All field hockey sticks are for a right handed shot and left-handed sticks are illegal...and it's forbidden to hit the ball with the back (curved part) of the stick...you could, however, turn the stick over and play left-handed (I think) but that would really be ineffective, as you're basically playing with your stick upside down.

1 hour ago, beerguy55 said:

All field hockey sticks are for a right handed shot and left-handed sticks are illegal...

Wait wait waaaaiiittt. A sport reading as discriminatory? Against left-handers? 

:HS

Methinks Title IX should get involved… or something. 

10 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Wait wait waaaaiiittt. A sport reading as discriminatory? Against left-handers? 

:HS

Methinks Title IX should get involved… or something. 

Eggxackly, call the ACLU.   But don't forget that "sinister" literally means "left".

I'm one of those weirdos - hockey, bat and golf left.  The rest right - write, throw, box, shoot, arm wrestle, bull riding...

Tennis serve/forehand right...but then the two handed backhand feels natural to me, as a left-handed batter.

For fungo/fielding practices, I do that right-handed, one-handed.

I just can't make up my mind.

16 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

Eggxackly, call the ACLU.   But don't forget that "sinister" literally means "left".

I'm one of those weirdos - hockey, bat and golf left.  The rest right - write, throw, box, shoot, arm wrestle, bull riding...

Tennis serve/forehand right...but then the two handed backhand feels natural to me, as a left-handed batter.

For fungo/fielding practices, I do that right-handed, one-handed.

I just can't make up my mind.

So you're saying you're amphibious?

(Yes, that was on purpose)

• Haha 2