Shout Out

JonnyCat
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 997 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I just wanted to give a shout out to our very own @kylejt

Had the distinct pleasure of working a SoCal LL state tournament game with him today. Great guy and great umpire. We had a wonderful time today! Very cool to work with another UE guy!

He even gave me one of his old Elbeco shirts. I never had one, but always wanted to get one and use it sometime in a game. I may have to travel up to his league and we can rock the throwbacks sometime!

Definitely a class guy!

JC

• Like 5

The pleasure was all mine, JC.

When the Boss calls, and asks if you'd like to do a State tourney, you always say Yes. I've been put on mystery crews before, with less than stellar outcomes. Boy, was I happy to hook-up with these three fellows. 

Three guys that were solid, but not over the top. No robotic mechanics, "stadium calls", etc. I felt comfortable working with these fellows from the outset. I knew what each was going to do, and if we missed a rotation, confident that our backs would covered by one another (we did, and they were, seamlessly).

JC, I hope you took my comment as a complement. I said you worked with "casual elegance", something told to me years ago. Like Fred Astaire behind the plate, making the difficult look smooth and easy. Even your "Ginger Rogers" said we looked like we've all been working together for a long time, instead of meeting in the parking lot a few minutes before the game. 

Looking forward to the next time, and I promise not to gab so much to my fellow BU's. 

KyleJT