Game Management Vid. High Stepping

clasonater

https://youtu.be/VP2LT0ZgnvU

Couple questions here for the NCAA vets.  As per a recent video discussion, we know proper protocol for staying in a guys ear going up the line.  I will not critique this video on that aspect.  

What I do have a question about is high stepping it in.  This is a no no, obviously, but how do we address it?  Specifically to the batter, we know and should expect immediate sniper shots, but what about the hitter?

How do we address it at the end of a game if its a solo walk off? Something I've always wondered about, high step shenanigans.  

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/16/2021 at 10:14 PM, clasonater said:

This is a no no, obviously, but how do we address it? 

Obviously?   Why is it an "obvious" no no?   It's certainly not obvious to me...should it be?

Yeah, he may get one in the ear from a sensitive pitcher...but I see nothing wrong with the stomp at the end...the bat flip and exaggerated spectating of his hit at the beginning may cause more problems than the stomp.

He'll eventually grow up and stop showing up the pitcher...there's a fine line between what is showing someone up, and what is just a standard celebratory signature "trot" that players adopt - many MLBers have different things they do.

32 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

Obviously?   Why is it an "obvious" no no?   It's certainly not obvious to me...should it be?

Yeah, he may get one in the ear from a sensitive pitcher...but I see nothing wrong with the stomp at the end...the bat flip and exaggerated spectating of his hit at the beginning may cause more problems than the stomp.

He'll eventually grow up and stop showing up the pitcher...there's a fine line between what is showing someone up, and what is just a standard celebratory signature "trot" that players adopt - many MLBers have different things they do.

Man, he mashed those two pitches.

Its obvious because that kid is gonna get earholed at a minimum, and we're handing out 4 game, or higher suspensions because of it.  That is minimum because chances are guys are coming out of the dugout, and at that point we as a crew have lost control.  Something I don't wanna have happen, nor do I wanna end up on the weekly video.

Yes, getting earholed is growing out it, but it doesn't need to happen on my watch.

Not an NCAA vet, but the way he threw the bat away the first time concerns me more.  IMO, that justifies a quick conversation.  I get that he was excited and that is awesome, but that reaction was dangerous.  

1 hour ago, clasonater said:

Its obvious because that kid is gonna get earholed at a minimum, and we're handing out 4 game, or higher suspensions because of it.  That is minimum because chances are guys are coming out of the dugout, and at that point we as a crew have lost control.  Something I don't wanna have happen, nor do I wanna end up on the weekly video.

Yes, getting earholed is growing out it, but it doesn't need to happen on my watch.

Not for the stomp...the bat flip and long look maybe, but I'm much less concerned about the stomp leading to much.