Chest protector padding....

Is there anyone that is doing chest protector padding replacements/retrofits? I know team Wendy used to do it several years ago but got out of the game. Douglas will only retrofit old Douglas equipment only. Does any one out there make replacement pads?

I know Ray was working on something. But I got placed on the naughty list. So I am out of the loop on that.

You could always try an upholstery place that could maybe do some custom work for you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I know Ray was working on something. But I got placed on the naughty list. So I am out of the loop on that.

You could always try an upholstery place that could maybe do some custom work for you. 

Man, that’s worse than getting put on Santa’s naughty list. 

Wait, has anyone ever seen both Santa and Ray in the same room? Coincidence I think not. Just saying. 

PS. Everyone knows Santa is Canadian. His postal code is H0H 0H0. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/11/2021 at 11:58 PM, BT_Blue said:

I love what Ray does, and he's a great guy, but man, ...you sneeze the wrong way and you're on their naughty list ...it's kind of over the top.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

I love what Ray does, and he's a great guy, but man, ...you sneeze the wrong way and you're on their naughty list ...it's kind of over the top.

What does "on the naughty list" mean? I've bought Ray's CP harness but don't know much about his overall practice.

2 minutes ago, Scissors said:

What does "on the naughty list" mean? I've bought Ray's CP harness but don't know much about his overall practice.

it's referring to being 'suspended' or 'muted' on the "Umplife" facebook page .... super strict over there, ...Ray and his moderators run a SUPER tight ship!  (sometimes too tight in my opinion, but... it's his page ;) )

• Like 3

On 7/10/2021 at 9:45 PM, Fittske24 said:

Is there anyone that is doing chest protector padding replacements/retrofits? I know team Wendy used to do it several years ago but got out of the game. Douglas will only retrofit old Douglas equipment only. Does any one out there make replacement pads?

We've got a Fittske sighting folks!!!!!!!! :nod: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

it's referring to being 'suspended' or 'muted' on the "Umplife" facebook page .... super strict over there, ...Ray and his moderators run a SUPER tight ship!  (sometimes too tight in my opinion, but... it's his page ;) )

I would say it's probably needed, give the dumpster fires that all the other FB groups become. One of the big differences is that is a group related to his business--with the other umpire groups, anyone can go start a new one, even if it was their creation to start. He's got financial skin in it not becoming a cage match.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I would say it's probably needed, give the dumpster fires that all the other FB groups become. One of the big differences is that is a group related to his business--with the other umpire groups, anyone can go start a new one, even if it was their creation to start. He's got financial skin in it not becoming a cage match.

Oh, I get it .... and you're right about the 'dumpster fires' that happen often on the other pages ... he certainly does a good job at stamping those out quickly ...

2 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

I actually got placed on the list for non umpire things on my own page. But that is irrelevant to the conversation.

I absolutely deserved to be removed from the group though. As once I was blocked from seeing his own content, it just became another umpire group (though much better moderated than many) that I was a part of. So I started making recommendations to questions that involved competitors of his as well as his equipment.

So now I am in the dark as much as the next guy.

Back to Ken's point on this though (and yes... we have a wonderfully random @Fittske24sighting). Does anyone know if Ray has made progress on his padding he was promising? That it would be a one-size-fits-most padding. Or is it another project that is constantly in the works like the plate coat?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

I don't use facebook much but it does seem pretty controlling. Seems like you can't even mention MLB guys/their mechanics or you get muted. Thanks for having more freedom on this site

4 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I actually got placed on the list for non umpire things on my own page. But that is irrelevant to the conversation.

I absolutely deserved to be removed from the group though. As once I was blocked from seeing his own content, it just became another umpire group (though much better moderated than many) that I was a part of. So I started making recommendations to questions that involved competitors of his as well as his equipment.

So now I am in the dark as much as the next guy.

Back to Ken's point on this though (and yes... we have a wonderfully random @Fittske24sighting). Does anyone know if Ray has made progress on his padding he was promising? That it would be a one-size-fits-most padding. Or is it another project that is constantly in the works like the plate coat?

Plate Coat is done just two many variables to contend with including the size range

It would be like buying pants that fit in the waist but you need to cut 8" off the leg

Replacement Pad is done, with Covid and no Baseball for 15 months it was a tough call to order or wait.

More on the Pad later

Not going to comment as to why people get blocked because this is not the place

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Razzer said:

It would be like buying pants that fit in the waist but you need to cut 8" off the leg

That's how I buy my pants.  I mean, I cut 8" off the pants' leg, not my own leg ... but, yeah.  That's how I buy them.

I'm not growing up anymore, so I guess I need to loose some weight.

I get what you are saying about plate coats, though.  It is a highly customized item and would be very difficult to do "off the rack" in an age an era where we want things mass-produced cheap and we want them now.

7 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Oh, I get it .... and you're right about the 'dumpster fires' that happen often on the other pages ... he certainly does a good job at stamping those out quickly ...

Speaking of dumpster fires ... a certain scorekeeper added a humorous message to his Youtube video for us.