Proper Color Matching

2 hours ago, LRZ said:

There are so many more important things to worry about, things that actually affect play. IMO.

while indeed a true statement ... this is a post in the equipment forum discussing shirt color ;) 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, LRZ said:

And throughout U-E, no one ever, ever--and I mean NEVER--goes off on a tangent! ;)

So true...So true...:nod:

On 7/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, LRZ said:

There are so many more important things to worry about, things that actually affect play. IMO.

While I cannot disagree that it doesn't effect play, I wholeheartedly disagree with the rest of this.  Your appearance is going to affect the game.  While some of these things may seem trivial and the average coach or fan might not even point it out, I can guarantee they are noticing, even if subconsciously.

This cannot be stressed enough, particularly for new umpires.

Look like a goob, you'll be treated like a goob.  Look professional, and you'll be treated with respect like a goob. 😁

• Haha 1

Don't mistake opinions and preferences for facts. I fail to understand how mismatching color schemes will affect the game, or how you can guarantee mismatching will be noticed, especially if the "noticing" is "subconsciously."

Here's what I would say to a new umpire: Wear a clean, properly-fitting uniform, shine your shoes, hustle, know the rules, display good game management skills when necessary. Pay attention to your appearance, but there's no need to fetishize about it. Being a professional is, first and foremost, acting like one.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2021 at 8:24 PM, Aging_Arbiter said:

GO NAVY!   BEAT ARMY!...............oh..........wrong season.   

PA requires navy bags, correct? Admittedly, I will sometimes dare to be different.