MLB Ejection 080 - Tim Timmons (1; Joe Girardi)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1006 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire Tim Timmons ejected Phillies manager Joe Girardi (unsportsmanlike/challenging Nationals pitcher Max Scherzer to a fight after a foreign substance dispute) in the bottom of the 5th inning of the #Nationals-#Phillies game. In the 4th, with none out and one on (R1), Phillies batter Alec Bohm...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

was joe a little upset over that chin music pitch to Bohm, and decided to show his displeasure/one upsmanship with that pitch, by asking for the TSA check at the end of the at bat. Wonder which pitcher Washington will ask, today with Velasquez, or wait for Nola when they come to Washington.

3 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Ok, you have 2 douchebags highlighted in this video ....  1) Girardi, 2) Scherzer 

Girardi asking for ANOTHER check on Max, ...but Max acting like a stupid little obnoxious kid about it DID NOT help 

But wait is it not childish for Giradi to ask them to do ANOTHER check.  I mean how much of that is cheap gamesmanship as an attempt to get into a pitchers head when he already had to go thru a previous thing that was not part of baseball prior to all these new checks?

I’m not sure why any pitcher gets to act incredulous and do the whole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ song and dance. They’re quite literally the ones (allegedly) cheating and it’s the reason for them being checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

But wait is it not childish for Giradi to ask them to do ANOTHER check.  I mean how much of that is cheap gamesmanship as an attempt to get into a pitchers head when he already had to go thru a previous thing that was not part of baseball prior to all these new checks?

re-read my response .... I called Girardi a douche for asking for ANOTHER check, did I not?  What I'm saying is, Max didn't make it any better .... 

2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

re-read my response .... I called Girardi a douche for asking for ANOTHER check, did I not?  What I'm saying is, Max didn't make it any better .... 

well they were both douches 

but only one was called childish..

So I was clarifying both douches and both childish 😜

2 hours ago, Mudisfun said:

I especially liked how Max was about to drop trowel right there on the mound; that would have been classic and set the new standard for 'inspections'.

I wish he had...I'd have got right down to my cup before any of the umps got to the mound.

3 hours ago, beerguy55 said:

I wish he had...I'd have got right down to my cup before any of the umps got to the mound.

One of my female co-workers thought on the subject: this was MLB's way of trying to increase the female viewing demographic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Behind a paywall... 

32 minutes ago, Mudisfun said:

Behind a paywall... 

Odd. Isn't for me. Alternate link https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-may-have-a-fix-for-baseballs-sticky-situation-the-ball-mudder-machine/ar-AALiT12

Article title you can search if still an issue: MLB may have a fix for baseball's sticky situation: The Ball Mudder machine 

• Thanks 1