The answer is Jacob deGrom...what is the question?

SeeingEyeDog
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1028 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I don't know how to post a tweet but Max Scherzer went off when they had to inspect him. The way they've  decided to enforce this policy is a disaster.  They should randomly take balls out of play after being pitched and check them. If that's even possible. Putting it on the umpires is, just, ugh.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, agdz59 said:

I don't know how to post a tweet but Max Scherzer went off when they had to inspect him. The way they've  decided to enforce this policy is a disaster.  They should randomly take balls out of play after being pitched and check them. If that's even possible. Putting it on the umpires is, just, ugh.

The question:

Who's the greatest pitcher in the game in the 2015+ time period?

Who has more RBI then ER allowed in 2021?

What pitcher has thrown more pitches at 100+ mph then the rest of the league combined?

:) 

@stkjock, deGrom is the dominant pitcher of his area and nobody should dispute that. Comparing his ERA mark this season to Bob Gibson's ERA in '68 is a garbage metric. Check the innings pitched over those starts...it's not even close. And by no means is it deGrom's "fault" when he was born, the era he played in or how pitchers are managed now.

There is an entire history of MLB that stretches back long before deGrom's arrival. It's important we remember those guys and their accomplishments, too.

~Dawg

19 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

@stkjock, deGrom is the dominant pitcher of his area and nobody should dispute that. Comparing his ERA mark this season to Bob Gibson's ERA in '68 is a garbage metric. Check the innings pitched over those starts...it's not even close. And by no means is it deGrom's "fault" when he was born, the era he played in or how pitchers are managed now.

There is an entire history of MLB that stretches back long before deGrom's arrival. It's important we remember those guys and their accomplishments, too.

~Dawg

never compared his ERA to any other era or person did I??? :) 

5 hours ago, stkjock said:

never compared his ERA to any other era or person did I??? :) 

[turns the page of my newspaper whilst staring intently at the mattress ads]

I'm just tired of hearing from mopes and humps about deGrom. You are neither of those...do carry on.

~Dawg