FPSR Violation Ends Game 1 of the CWS

14 hours ago, Tborze said:

Happens when they are trying to sell something nobody is buying!

Actually, just the opposite .... no selling at all .... these "motions/mechanics" are being done on plain old regular easy-routine outs

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet he does... It went to replay and the call was confirmed by the NCAA, which included the secretary/rules editor. 

Not in the CWS play. He neither slid/ran away from the fielder, nor avoided contacting the fielder. Note that the applicability of FPSR (both NCAA and FED) does NOT depend on how likely a double

Why not? The college rule -  right there in the first two sentences - says 1: this is a safety rule and 2: whether a double play is possible is irrelevant.   I'll call that in college and high sc

Posted Images

I appreciate the discussion!  
Thanks all!  Especially you @Thunderheadsfor piling on🙂

So, by rule, the same call should be made if the runner got into a pickle?  JK

I understand the safety aspect which was the purpose of my original response. 

11 minutes ago, Tborze said:

I appreciate the discussion!  
Thanks all!  Especially you @Thunderheadsfor piling on🙂

So, by rule, the same call should be made if the runner got into a pickle?  JK

I understand the safety aspect which was the purpose of my original response. 

Sorry :) didn't see you acknowledge that the call was actually correct ... didnt' mean to pile on

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, zoops said:

@johnnyg08Do you have a clip of the one in NCST-Vandy today?  Believe it was the 7th inning and the announcers were sure that FPSR should have been called.  

Not yet. I was umpiring today so I'm watching it on DVR. I'm currently in the B5. I'll have it within the hour. Thanks for the heads up. 

3 minutes ago, johnnyg08 said:

Not yet. I was umpiring today so I'm watching it on DVR. I'm currently in the B5. I'll have it within the hour. Thanks for the heads up. 

It was a late slide but I believe was a correct no-call.

9 hours ago, clasonater said:

Was that Van Rap?  Dude's a machine.  Good time to call it too, 1st game and all, sends a message that crews are on the lookout.  I'd almost bet if he didn't call it, skips coming out.  

Yes...but we all know that when we call FPSR or don't call it, we're getting a visit from the offense OR the defense. Every single time. 

Ya, they act all surprised everytime time its called, even if you popped em for it early in a series.  Same with obstruction.  It's like fellas, "you watched the same videos we did at the beginning of the year." 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, clasonater said:

Ya, they act all surprised everytime time its called, even if you popped em for it early in a series.  Same with obstruction.  It's like fellas, "you watched the same videos we did at the beginning of the year." 

Exactly. 

• Like 1