So tell me about your ball bag

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whisper... please dont tell me there are umpires who coordinate ball bag colors with mask pads/paint...

My bags always match my cap. The only time I wear a black cap is when I wear a black shirt, so black bags there. All other shirts, I wear a navy cap and therefore navy bags. If the day comes, I a

Color matching bags to shirt/hat. 🤯  Got black from day one and never thought about it... until now. Thanks for giving my OCD something else to chew on. 🤣 Thread hijack: 1 bag or 2?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

Soooo… white? :fuel:

Shiny patent leather! (remember those ill fated Honig's leather ball bags? They just needed some Leather Luster slapped on them.....)

• Haha 1
On 6/10/2021 at 12:53 PM, ArchAngel72 said:

But I swear the Grey bags Look great with any shirt color

THAT, my friend, is an

opinion, which I adamantly disagree with. No offense. 😁

• Like 2
6 hours ago, kylejt said:

Shiny patent leather! (remember those ill fated Honig's leather ball bags? They just needed some Leather Luster slapped on them.....)

They were selling those things during the short time I worked for Honigs SoCal. They were terribly ugly! Lol

On 6/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, MadMax said:

At last count, I have 11 different colors spanning 4 styles

tenor.gif?itemid=17120857

I think I counted 23 shirts I have? I end up buying a new cream and powder every couple of years, because the collars get nasty really fast on those.

1 hour ago, kylehutson said:

I think I counted 23 shirts I have?

Last I checked, this is a topic thread about ball bags, Huts. I wasn’t going to go into exhaustive detail... but since you have the fridge door open... 

8x 2016 Panel, Black, Short-sleeve; 3x 2016 Panel, Black, Long-sleeve; 4x 2016 Panel, Sky blue, Short-sleeve;  1x 2016  Panel, Grey, Short-sleeve; 1x 2016 Panel, Navy, Short-Sleeve; 1x 2015 Plain Black Short-sleeve; 3x 2010 Vert. Stripe, Black, Long-sleeve;  3x 2010 Vert. Stripe, Black, Short-sleeve; 2x 2010 Vert. Stripe, Sky blue, Short-sleeve; 1 each of 2010 Vert. Stripe, Short-sleeve, in: Bermuda Blue, Grey, Cream, Maroon, Olive Green, Navy, Red, Pink, Black with Pink (9 tot.); 2x “Classic” collar-&-cuff stripes, Black, short-sleeve; 1x Classic, Polo Blue w/ black collar, short-sleeve; 1x Classic, Navy, short-sleeve; 1x Classic, Navy, long-sleeve; 2x Camouflage (1 Night-&-Day camo, 1 Sky camo)

That’d be 42, at least.

23 shirts for you? Commendable, but you gots some work to do. 

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

Last I checked, this is a topic thread about ball bags, Huts. I wasn’t going to go into exhaustive detail... but since you have the fridge door open... 

8x 2016 Panel, Black, Short-sleeve; 3x 2016 Panel, Black, Long-sleeve; 4x 2016 Panel, Sky blue, Short-sleeve;  1x 2016  Panel, Grey, Short-sleeve; 1x 2016 Panel, Navy, Short-Sleeve; 1x 2015 Plain Black Short-sleeve; 3x 2010 Vert. Stripe, Black, Long-sleeve;  3x 2010 Vert. Stripe, Black, Short-sleeve; 2x 2010 Vert. Stripe, Sky blue, Short-sleeve; 1 each of 2010 Vert. Stripe, Short-sleeve, in: Bermuda Blue, Grey, Cream, Maroon, Olive Green, Navy, Red, Pink, Black with Pink (9 tot.); 2x “Classic” collar-&-cuff stripes, Black, short-sleeve; 1x Classic, Polo Blue w/ black collar, short-sleeve; 1x Classic, Navy, short-sleeve; 1x Classic, Navy, long-sleeve; 2x Camouflage (1 Night-&-Day camo, 1 Sky camo)

That’d be 42, at least.

at last count I have...5. guess I have some work to do.

• Like 1
That’d be 42, at least.

Ever think of having a yard sale?

First year here and I am up to 10. I have only two that I havent used but I expect my newest one, MLB Blue, to be used this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Scissors said:

at last count I have...5. guess I have some work to do.

You’re fine, Scissors. You’re not flinging memes on the table, rolling an old Buick up to the line for a race with a Formula One car. 🤓 I started out with a Classic Navy, and an (oversized) plain black UnderArmour polo shirt. 

29 minutes ago, BLWizzRanger said:

First year here and I am up to 10.

Certainly, quantity of games influences you to get more shirts… but, I’ve found the variety of game types has been the biggest motivator to getting more, and varied, shirts. Just amongst my 8 black MLB panel shirts, 2 are HS, 3 are indy pro-specific, 2 are used primarily for college & MiLB ST (use magnet-patches). That leaves me one “utilitarian” black shirt to use on any of the day-to-day or weekend tournament games. Suffice it to say, it’s my workhorse, but even it should get a rest. 

The sun in the Southwest is merciless; everything fades. For this reason, most of us in Phoenix try to use other colors or older styles (2010 vertical stripe, or classic) to take the wear and tear off our primary black and sky blue panel shirts.