Need new shin guards

Mister B

Question

So my Diamond Featherweights have served me well, but are a little short and have a cracked knee plate. So it's time to upgrade. I know the Force 3's are all the rage, but I have some concerns about the knee straps. I really liked that the diamonds didn't have a knees strap, as I can get pretty sweaty. I was a runner and did some bike racing in my younger days so I have fairly large quads and calves. 

Can I wear the F3's with the top strap very loose? Any other models to look at? I do like the plastic clips but I can work around that. I also loved that the Diamonds were so light, it didn't feel like you were wearing them. 

I could also take up Muy Thai and kick trees with my shins to build them up. :)

I ordered the F3s. After working 13 games in 2 days I figured I could afford to spend a little more. Now, gotta save up for the F3 mask. 

And my apologies, I totally forgot there was an equipment forum. 

On 6/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, MadMax said:

Over 150 plate games per year for the past 8 years (at least) of having these shins. 

And we have fields so dusty down here in Arizona that kick up choking, pneumonia-inducing clouds of dust... on every pitch in the dirt!!! 

I’ve called games where my cup has dust clinging to it afterwards. No joke. 

I’d rather get the details of a call right than worry about the cleanliness of my well-worn shinguards. 

Ilive in the Coachella Valley, another desert spot, and my F3's looked like yours.   Since hs was a short season this year I decided to scrub them this decade.  Now they get to sit around and let them gather dust until next season.

• Like 1

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.