Need new shin guards

Mister B
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1025 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

So my Diamond Featherweights have served me well, but are a little short and have a cracked knee plate. So it's time to upgrade. I know the Force 3's are all the rage, but I have some concerns about the knee straps. I really liked that the diamonds didn't have a knees strap, as I can get pretty sweaty. I was a runner and did some bike racing in my younger days so I have fairly large quads and calves. 

Can I wear the F3's with the top strap very loose? Any other models to look at? I do like the plastic clips but I can work around that. I also loved that the Diamonds were so light, it didn't feel like you were wearing them. 

I could also take up Muy Thai and kick trees with my shins to build them up. :)

I ordered the F3s. After working 13 games in 2 days I figured I could afford to spend a little more. Now, gotta save up for the F3 mask. 

And my apologies, I totally forgot there was an equipment forum. 

On 6/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, MadMax said:

Over 150 plate games per year for the past 8 years (at least) of having these shins. 

And we have fields so dusty down here in Arizona that kick up choking, pneumonia-inducing clouds of dust... on every pitch in the dirt!!! 

I’ve called games where my cup has dust clinging to it afterwards. No joke. 

I’d rather get the details of a call right than worry about the cleanliness of my well-worn shinguards. 

Ilive in the Coachella Valley, another desert spot, and my F3's looked like yours.   Since hs was a short season this year I decided to scrub them this decade.  Now they get to sit around and let them gather dust until next season.

• Like 1