Samurai gears

tpatience
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 515 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I think he's back to shipping now.  They were waiting until shipping costs came down based on the last feedback I had from them.  

I may do a test order too after I make a sale or two to create some capital.

Best of luck!

16 minutes ago, Scissors said:

I tried to sign up a couple months ago, but it seems like my approval is still pending. Maybe I should try again with another email address

It took about 9 months for me to get approved... I got in around the first of this year

25 minutes ago, Cavalier1948 said:

New guy?

Trevor was one of the first signed up if my memory serves me right.  Many of us had signed up before he started making the Shovel-type throat guards, but a lot more signed up afterwards!

14 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Trevor was one of the first signed up if my memory serves me right.  Many of us had signed up before he started making the Shovel-type throat guards, but a lot more signed up afterwards!

Considering my push for the Shovel, I think I might have been #2... if not somewhere in the top 15. Lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Biscuit said:

How do you sign up? I may be interested in some of their stuff a ways down the road, but I'd rather have the ability to whenever I want.

Just go to their website. It will prompt you to "sign in/up"

I think I have received one email from them in the last 2+ years since I signed up.

18 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Just go to their website. It will prompt you to "sign in/up"

I think I have received one email from them in the last 2+ years since I signed up.

Because they don't like you.

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:33 PM, umpstu said:

Because they don't like you.

1 hour ago, rhinolith said:

I registered but never heard back.

You won't. It just allows you to go into their site. As I stated above, I've received MAYBE one or two emails since I signed up on there over 3 years ago.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, BT_Blue said:

You won't. It just allows you to go into their site. As I stated above, I've received MAYBE one or two emails since I signed up on there over 3 years ago.

He doesn't like eels?  Smoked eel on toast is awesome.  My wife is from Holland turned me on to that.  That and raw herring coated on chopped onions.

13 hours ago, umpstu said:

He doesn't like eels?  Smoked eel on toast is awesome.  My wife is from Holland turned me on to that.  That and raw herring coated on chopped onions.

I'm not sure I have ever had smoked eel. Feel like that is something I should rectify at some point.

As for herring... that is actually the only kind of fish my father will eat. But he prefers his in a white wine base.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackrabbitslims said:

Can you post a picture of this mythical shovel throat guard you speak? I have read about it for years, but never have seen it...maybe it is like a dragon, or Loch Ness Monster?

Very similar to the Mizuno throat guard 

171E6C6E-87AD-414F-9D84-63A68BD0DEEC.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, FranklinT said:

Very similar to the Mizuno throat guard 

171E6C6E-87AD-414F-9D84-63A68BD0DEEC.jpeg

I'm not sure if they changed it. But the screw and bolt system SG originally sold this with was to loose and could cause cracking, sometimes fatal, to the holes in the top of the tg. Razzer came up with the idea of Chicago Screws, which work wonderfully for this issue.