• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know TWO things about softball: 1- The ball is NOT soft 2- The girls have a damn song/chant for EVERYTHING

@dumbdumb –    Softball 🥎????

Neither do I, but I can give a possible logical explanation that there would be umpires on the corners there. There's no pickoffs possible, so the two most likely plays are at first and third.

Posted Images

17 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

NCAA regional.

3 umpire crew.

0 outs, runner on second.

1BU on 1B foul line, 3BU on 3B foul line.

Something wrong here.

Tell me i am wrong.

Were you at the game or watching on TV?  Bc as someone else said, if game was 4 umpire crew, U2 would be behind second (too small a field to be inside) and probably out of camera view

23 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Tell me i am wrong.

You’re wrong. 😝

A NCAA Regional is not going to have anything less than a 4-man crew. Not in today’s day and age. 

The U2 may have been using that mysterious B-beyond IP that @Matt relayed to me is an actual used IP (as opposed to theoretical). With no R1, there’s no steal of 2B, nor DP pending, so you don’t need to be in B-deep. C-beyond is not ideal, and he would likely show up in the CF camera angle of the Battery. And C-deep doesn’t allow you to see a pickoff coming, like the two -beyond IPs allow. 

The point is, he’s (U2) somewhere... he’s just not in your view. 

Check the box score for the game; there’ll be 4 umpires listed. 

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

You’re wrong. 😝

A NCAA Regional is not going to have anything less than a 4-man crew. Not in today’s day and age. 

The U2 may have been using that mysterious B-beyond IP that @Matt relayed to me is an actual used IP (as opposed to theoretical). With no R1, there’s no steal of 2B, nor DP pending, so you don’t need to be in B-deep. C-beyond is not ideal, and he would likely show up in the CF camera angle of the Battery. And C-deep doesn’t allow you to see a pickoff coming, like the two -beyond IPs allow. 

The point is, he’s (U2) somewhere... he’s just not in your view. 

Check the box score for the game; there’ll be 4 umpires listed. 

NCAA DIII (i will assume that makes a difference) and i did check the box score in case i missed something. Only 3. I will assume someone should have been in a B or C position behind the defense. I will also assume a temporary brain cramp, just like the many i have. Crap happens.

5 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

NCAA DIII (i will assume that makes a difference) and i did check the box score in case i missed something. Only 3. I will assume someone should have been in a B or C position behind the defense. I will also assume a temporary brain cramp, just like the many i have. Crap happens.

If the box score showed 3 it was not you that had a brain cramp. More than likely it was an NCAA D3 post season umpire. It happens to all of us. 

6 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Then it wasn't a regional. Those are this coming week.

55 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

Ahh, you left out that it was SB. What their mechanic is for that sit I don't know.

Neither do I, but I can give a possible logical explanation that there would be umpires on the corners there. There's no pickoffs possible, so the two most likely plays are at first and third.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MadMax said:

Softball 🥎????

I know TWO things about softball:

1- The ball is NOT soft

2- The girls have a damn song/chant for EVERYTHING

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe one of few times they’ve done 3 man all year (like I just did 1st time tonight in LL Majors championship, and got positioning wrong a few times). Assuming same mechanics with same 60ft field should have been B & D. 

Does sound very symmetrical though. 😁