Belgard

Scissors

One of the whole masks is really only about 10 to 15$ more than my AllStar mag mask.  Gotta say though 600$ for that CP. meh no.  300 to 400 $ for shin guards meh my F3 shin guards are the best thing I bought besides the all star mask.  Anyway their full mask price seems inline with All Stars pricing if it is really good who knows maybe I’ll take one for a spin.

3 hours ago, tpatience said:

Those pads are well worth it. I know a few guys who have belgard CPs and they compare them to Carluccis. Great quality

I've used both (currently use the Belgards on the left in the OP.)

Currently, a Carlucci is good because its rare. It's not necessarily better than what is out there. Belgards are (insert adjective here) better than any other pad. The design spreads the shock over a greater area and not directly to the chin. There's something different about the padding, too--soft, yet protective.

• Like 1

I bought a set of two-toned ones with the emblem on bottom pad from So a couple of years ago. The pads are comfortable and I enjoy them. 

I have them on a +Pos Zro-G mask. With a +Pos visor and harness. 

I’d have a better chance of winning the lottery than trying to replace this mask configuration now. 

10 hours ago, mw94 said:

and if you want to go full crazy Japanese , bid on this 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234010265690?hash=item367c19485a:g:mIIAAOSwxrJeWnbJ

If anyone ever falls for this guy's mask, they really need to learn how to search eBay so they could have paid half-price.

This link has that same mask in three colors (all titanium - black, navy and silver) for $315 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333986413582?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=543025802157&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here's what I have readily available.

If you look closely, they are narrower and skinnier than Wilson pads (and probably any other ones, as well.) The attachment straps are positioned entirely differently, but this shows that the Icon is probably a better match for them than a Wilson frame.

20200617_013428.jpg

• Like 3

One of our colleagues – @panda76 – has an Icon with Belgard pads: 

IMG_8324.jpg

The reason why the Belgard CP costs so much is this: 

image.png.af6c96c77e4a85e3213cc909e1aa6320.png  

If you look at the CPs carefully, there are two things going on: first is, the foam jackets are segmented. This way, they introduce air channeling, provide a more conforming fit, and can control what type / thickness of foam is in an individual cell. The second is that the carapace, especially the torso pieces, is not that cheap, dense ABS plastic. Instead, it's a lighter, softer, more malleable plastic (and sometimes, it's a leatherette!) that not only conforms to the body better, but also results in less bruises on the shirt when impacted. Notice too that torso seam, arching right over the diaphragm. That's by design, with that reinforced seam linked to the two side release buckles. Draw those tight, it draws the entire CP against the torso so it doesn't hang like a shop apron. 

I can only imagine this thing with a Flex harness. Hoo-rah. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, MadMax said:

One of our colleagues – @panda76 – has an Icon with Belgard pads: 

IMG_8324.jpg

The reason why the Belgard CP costs so much is this: 

image.png.af6c96c77e4a85e3213cc909e1aa6320.png  

If you look at the CPs carefully, there are two things going on: first is, the foam jackets are segmented. This way, they introduce air channeling, provide a more conforming fit, and can control what type / thickness of foam is in an individual cell. The second is that the carapace, especially the torso pieces, is not that cheap, dense ABS plastic. Instead, it's a lighter, softer, more malleable plastic (and sometimes, it's a leatherette!) that not only conforms to the body better, but also results in less bruises on the shirt when impacted. Notice too that torso seam, arching right over the diaphragm. That's by design, with that reinforced seam linked to the two side release buckles. Draw those tight, it draws the entire CP against the torso so it doesn't hang like a shop apron. 

I can only imagine this thing with a Flex harness. Hoo-rah. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GreyhoundAggie said:

Do you think they are worth the money Jason? I assume so since you are rocking them.

They look cool. From a safety standpoint, I'd say Team Wendy are better. I don't remember what I paid for them at the time, but I believe the price + shipping has gone up quite a bit since then.

10 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Those look great for having 2.5 years on them!

Beautiful mask combo!

Thanks. Bear in mind I usually only work 15-20 plates in a year so they don't get a lot of wear and tear on them, but they have held up well.

• Thanks 1