WTB TW retrofit Gold

• 1 month later...

Good Luck with that. One of the most sought after rigs. Mine was stolen one night. I bet they dont know its value. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Mr Ump said:

Good Luck with that. One of the most sought after rigs. Mine was stolen one night. I bet they dont know its value. 

Silver lining... you probably don't get your Cobalt if you still had that. 

46 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Silver lining... you probably don't get your Cobalt if you still had that. 

You are correct. Colbalt has been the closest to the WVG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Catch18 said:

What is a “TW retrofit gold?”

In U-E’speak, “TW” stands for Team Wendy, an advanced foam and protective products company based in Ohio. They make aftermarket pads for umpire masks, and for an approximate 10 year span, they offered umpires a service wherein the umpire’s chest protector (CP) could be sent in and retrofitted with their patented pads. 

This was new life for Wilson CPs, especially (Golds & Platinums), since most CPs of that era (still) use bulky, hot, pathetic upholstery  foam as padding. Unfortunately, TW had to discontinue that service, and the CPs they did retrofit not only perform better, but are now selectively rare and sought after.

• Like 2

In U-E’speak, “TW” stands for Team Wendy, an advanced foam and protective products company based in Ohio. They make aftermarket pads for umpire masks, and for an approximate 10 year span, they offered umpires a service wherein the umpire’s chest protector (CP) could be sent in and retrofitted with their patented pads. 
This was new life for Wilson CPs, especially (Golds & Platinums), since most CPs of that era (still) use bulky, hot, pathetic upholstery  foam as padding. Unfortunately, TW had to discontinue that service, and the CPs they did retrofit not only perform better, but are now selectively rare and sought after.

That is cool, but unfortunate at the same time….I’ve got both a gold & plat. Oh well…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad max mentioned bulky, stupid bulky for the gold.  I know a bunch of guys that have em retrofitted, and they look so damn comfortable and trim.  Missed my opportunity a long time ago when retrofits were the craze.  Somebody offers to sell you one, DO NOT SAY NO.....

• Like 3

On 7/9/2021 at 9:45 PM, clasonater said:

Mad max mentioned bulky, stupid bulky for the gold.  I know a bunch of guys that have em retrofitted, and they look so damn comfortable and trim.  Missed my opportunity a long time ago when retrofits were the craze.  Somebody offers to sell you one, DO NOT SAY NO.....

If you do say no give them my email or text number.