Collision Abreu/Dozier

grozzly
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1066 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 hour ago, grozzly said:

I've juste seen the highlights of the game so i don't know what was the call...your thoughts about this situation?

Because it was a pop up that was caught, even type 2 obstruction by F3 would still be ignored and out stands.  

If for some reason, the umpire was protecting F3 (F2 caught it but it’s theoretically possible), then you have INT on batter and he is out.  

If you somehow deem this as nothing (it can’t be but even if you did), the ball was caught, so batter is out.

So no matter what, batter is out.

Here is the video link since you didn’t post it..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/white-soxs-jose-abreu-and-royals-hunter-dozier-exit-fridays-game-after-full-speed-collision-during-pop-up/amp/

• Like 1

Man that's awful - God I hate seeing that...not clear on who was saying "I got it"...I get the impression that Dozier possibly caused himself to get out by colliding into Abreu, allowing the catcher a clean catch...it looks like Abreu was gonna go full steam into the catcher, where it would have been a different player hurt, and ball safely drops into foul territory.