Runner Lane Interference with R3, R1

johnnyg08
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1090 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

2 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

So what happened?  If you can’t get more video of the occurrence use text to tell us. 

The elements of the play seem pretty clear to me. Not sure what else you're wanting to see? Maddon pleading with the umpire for 45 seconds? 

1 minute ago, johnnyg08 said:

The elements of the play seem pretty clear to me. Not sure what else you're wanting to see? Maddon pleading with the umpire for 45 seconds? 

I think Jimurray is asking what they ruled so we can know / discuss whether they got it correct.

If he's not asking that, I am.

Just now, noumpere said:

I think Jimurray is asking what they ruled so we can know / discuss whether they got it correct.

If he's not asking that, I am.

Well, I promise I'm not trying to be difficult...but the video is titled Runner Lane Interference. I promise, I'm not being a smart ass. 

58 minutes ago, johnnyg08 said:

Well, I promise I'm not trying to be difficult...but the video is titled Runner Lane Interference. I promise, I'm not being a smart ass. 

So now I notice that while Madden is wearing  a red top like the defense, he is wearing grey pants like the offense. So he must be pleading against a call of RLI. I don’t really follow who is where on MLB teams right now. So while I can assume what happened a little text would help or let the video run longer. 

• Like 1

“He was definitely not egregiously running inside the line,” said Maddon, who went on the field to argue the non-reviewable call. “It looked like he was right on the line from where I was at. Furthermore, it was a good play by Greinke. Just try to hit the runner in the back. You almost always get the call.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

And we've seen videos / posts titled something that where it wasn't called (but the poster thought it should be), or where it was called, but the poster thought it shouldn't be, or ...

And, since it's also titles R1, R3, maybe someone is asking what happens to the runners.  Or, maybe not.

Or, maybe it's just meant as (another!) example of the announcers getting the rule wrong.  Or an example of they got the call right, but the rule should be changed.

I have RLI in the 28 second video posted.  Runners return TOP.

I don't see any manager arguing in that clip.

51 minutes ago, flyingron said:

Only one out.   Even with the BR out, the R3 easily scores.   Had there been two outs he wouldn't.  Despite the play-by-play argument, it looks like he was planting both feet in fair territory all the way down the line.

I’m confused. What does R3 easily scores relate to. 

13 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

3 hours ago, noumpere said:

And we've seen videos / posts titled something that where it wasn't called (but the poster thought it should be), or where it was called, but the poster thought it shouldn't be, or ...

And, since it's also titles R1, R3, maybe someone is asking what happens to the runners.  Or, maybe not.

Or, maybe it's just meant as (another!) example of the announcers getting the rule wrong.  Or an example of they got the call right, but the rule should be changed.

I have RLI in the 28 second video posted.  Runners return TOP.

I don't see any manager arguing in that clip.

You're right. Because it was edited out. Watched a manager who is not mic'd up argue on a video clip is a WOBW. 

I guess for me, I post clips to elicit discussion. 

FWIW, the call on the field was RLI and the most important learning on this play is that the runners return to their TOP bases.