Loud stereo for home team

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1099 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I had this Saturday, 11-12 Cal Ripken 50/70, home team has "walk up" music they play introducing each batter. My problem was they would start it while the pitcher was in his windup and let it play thru that pitch and longer. It was very distracting because it was sitting at the backstop behind the plate and LOUD. I fermenter a tourney that had a rule about artificial nose to distract the pitchers but i can't find anything in the rules. 

I told them it needed to be finished playing before the pitcher started his windup but they continued until I had them remove it completely. What should I have done in this case? 

Don’t let  play start until the music ends. If if gets tiresome, were you have to hold up play several times, inform whoever is on charge “ that’s it. If you can’t stop the music before the AB, there will be no more music.”  

• Like 3