Walk-up music

Guest LL Coach

Question

Guest LL Coach

Are there any little league rules or regulations related to “walk-up” music?  Opposing team’s parents had a loud, portable PA system directed at my pitcher, announcing their batters by name and playing music, but only for their team.  I talked with the opposing coach and told him I didn’t agree with it, but he didn’t care.  I’ve searched and am surprised I can’t find a LL rule governing it.

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

This thread needs to come full circle.   

We have Dixie Youth here so I'm not familiar with LL rules.  Go to the league official and speak with them about it. MOST youth baseball folks are about kids playing ball. Exactly!! And this is

STOP. GIVING. THEM. IDEAS.

Lots of LL parents are doing this now.  I had one play a rap song with nasty lyrics and told her to cut off the song.  Then I reminded her to kill the music as soon as the batter's foot hits the box.  Other than that, I'm fine with it.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:17 AM, boyinr said:

23'x13' led screen trailer

Why stop at audio only?  How about one of these in centerfield with all of his 11U bio and recruiting information on it?  

STOP. GIVING. THEM. IDEAS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/6/2021 at 7:17 AM, boyinr said:

Why stop at audio only?  How about one of these [big display on a trailer] in centerfield with all of his 11U bio and recruiting information on it?

NO! I'm putting my foot down as an umpire. If ya got the means to put anything in the ballpark to display, put something up that displays: 

1. The Score
  2. The Count
  3. The Time Remaining (optional)

... so everyone can quit asking me every few minutes, and just leave me alone! 

11 minutes ago, MadMax said:

NO! I'm putting my foot down as an umpire. If ya got the means to put anything in the ballpark to display, put something up that displays: 

1. The Score
  2. The Count
  3. The Time Remaining (optional)

... so everyone can quit asking me every few minutes, and just leave me alone! 

If you can't afford the big scoreboard, how about a Town Crier announcing score, count and outs every other pitch.

On 4/4/2021 at 10:12 PM, Guest LL Coach said:

So why was it pointed at the pitcher?  

So is your problem that they have it there OR that they have it pointed onto the field?

If its because its 'pointed at the pitcher' then seems a bit trivial, what about if they point it a second base...is that alright?  If you don't like it there at all because of the "unfair" attention on the other team that's something different.

Me? I'd buy a bigger, better, louder PA and point it at the other parents.

9 hours ago, beerguy55 said:

If you can't afford the big scoreboard, how about a Town Crier announcing score, count and outs every other pitch.

We actually have a town crier in our HS association. He, a certain umpire (when working the plate), always feels the need to announce the score in between innings. Maybe I can talk to him and maybe he can add who is due up each inning, too!

• Like 1

I just had this same situation and I created a post about it. My issue was they would start the music when the pitcher started his windup and it would play well into the second pitch. When I told them to turn it off when the better got in the box they all looked at me and said they didn't have the control. It's sitting 10 feet behind me against the fence and extremely loud. I don't have an issue with it if it's finished when the batter gets in the box but starting it mid delivery and into the next pitch was my problem. 

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.